Styling Modifying the front end of a multiwagon/5 door

Currently reading:
Styling Modifying the front end of a multiwagon/5 door

I got fed up with the front of my multiwagon, so I just finished putting on a 3 door front bumper, for those of you who want to see how it match's up with the 5 doors wings here's the pic's. Its an easy job. What do you think ? I just need a passenger side lower grill off a 3 door JTD115 bumper, as the "new" bumper came off a petrol car and I believe this lower grill is different. Does the JTD one have bigger gaps for getting air into the intercooler ? If so any body got a spare one ?

As you will see in this pic it doesnt look right..

stilo_newbumper_004.JPG

It doesnt line up correctly and looks wrong..:( its not just the wings either that are different ..the lamps are as well..so 5 into 3 dont go..:D

If you look hard you can tell it doesn't quite fit, but at a glace it looks quite funky.

You could get a body shop to add a fillet of metal to the edge of the headlight surround to mate the line of the wing to the line of the bonnet, It'd be expensive and fraught with potential to look pants if done wrong !

I guess it'd be a similar operation to adding the fillets to 'bad-boy' a bonnet over the lights.

Dave,
10/10 for effort, I think it looks good but agree with the above comments about gapping, but lets be honest if you didn't know it had a different bumper then you wouldn't notice.
I would adjust how the bonnet sits though to give a better line across the top of the lights, yours looks abit out on the offside.
Just my opinion though

I agree with minimad - if you were the ordinary bloke in the street you probably wouldnt notice. We only notice because we all know every mm of metalwork on our cars.....

Good effort!!!

Back