General Moderators : 2

Currently reading:
General Moderators : 2

Attachments

• he-man I am_the_power Alex.JPG
    he-man I am_the_power Alex.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 11
Ummm... I was hoping it would go un-noticed :eek: Guess the secret's out now (after less than a week) - though I could always delete this thread :devil:

I haven't used any of my new powers yet - I'm busy with work at the moment - not too much time free...!

Cheers for the welcome Louie, Ucof, and 1986Uno45S (Chas) ;)

Now - a few general notes about what those powers are...
(this isn't aimed at Louie, Ucof, or Chas - instead, I'm talking to anyone who is new to the forum, or anyone who is wondering what a moderator is...)

Speaking for Jai and myself: as moderators, we can delete or edit threads that we consider to be personal attacks on our members, that breach standards of what can be said in a public forum, or that contradict various other guidelines. However, we prefer not to tamper with posts in the generally-mature environment of the Uno section. Instead, your words are left to be seen and considered by other members.

Remember that it takes two to have a fight. If someone new has annoyed you, perhaps it is a good idea to take a few deep breaths, and some time away from the forum. The other members will quickly form their own opinions. Don't risk lowering your standards by entering into a fight. Tolerance is a virtue.

Play fair and you'll be respected. Rub people up the wrong way, and you may get away with it a couple of times: but don't be surprised to get a sharp message from Jai or myself, with a possible infraction or ban.

Jai mentioned the 'Report this post to a moderator' feature: https://www.fiatforum.com/uno/99328-re-infraction-system-now-online-please-read.html?p=1063216 - please don't be afraid to use this feature if a post makes you feel uncertain or uncomfortable.

Our goal is to make this a forum where everyone is able to contribute without fear of retribution from other members, and where everyone feels welcome regardless of what they can bring to the table.

"The door to my office is always open", as the saying goes - anyone is welcome to send me a Private Message (PM) about any concern to do with the forum. I will respond promptly, dealing with the situation as appropriate. But please - especially if you are a new member - don't PM me for general Uno advice. I prefer that technical questions/answers be kept in the forum (not my Inbox) for the benefit of other members; and also, I don't know the answers to all questions; you will get a greater exposure to knowledge (and a better response) if you post on the forum.

RIGHT, I'm getting off the soapbox now...
It hasn't been easy to say all that; I don't enjoy sounding pompous, but now you know what the moderators are here for; let's get back to business :eek:

I have a few ideas - here is one... I would like to spend some time combining threads into stickies - you know the sort of thing, the questions that get asked over and over again... and I would like to have an 'Uno Projects' sticky that has links to the many different Uno Projects of our members.

-Alex

Last edited:
But I had some stickies when I was a mod :D

They seem to have come unstuck ;) :devil:

Ben has been cracking the wip about the Faqs section then? :p

I remember the launch of the guides section when we all had to make 5 guides...

some still ain't made it :)

Last edited:
Bring it on (y) Pics please lol.

Shortly after I was honoured with the mod role, The Uno section was split from one forum to the 3 we have today.

Guess who was tasked with moving threads to the respective forums :eek:

Alex, I never did finish off that job ;) so when you’ve finished going through all them backstage posts, perhaps you could have a crack at it (y) :D :devil:

Hmm maybe I miss it :eek: :).

Last edited:
Back