Technical MkIII fuel filter excess pressure valve?

Currently reading:
Technical MkIII fuel filter excess pressure valve?

Rio Fino

Hello there, I recently ordered a Fuel Filter [Mahle] in the hopes that it might help my "1st gear low revs when warm" judder on my 2013 Semi Auto 1.3 SV Cargo.
My previous filter doesn't have an EPV, the new one does. It was sent according to my Reg No. Does anyone know why this is different to the one on there? I wondered if the old one might be wrong, as I have had a P0089 intermittently (with many miles in between).

I don't even know if the EPV is supposed to connect to anything, so any help would be much appreciated as I'd like to do this seemingly very simple job myself.

Many Thanks

Danny

Thanks for the reply - sorry, I just used EPV to save typing, I believe the large piece at the bottom is an excess pressure valve - which the old filter does not have.

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 41
Thanks - what I reckon has happened is, I've ordered the right part, and they've told me that was the wrong one, and sent me the wrong one :( I ordered their part KL567 and they cancelled and told me I needed KL566:cry:

Thanks for your time, it looks as if that big valve bottom left is not connected to anything - or are my eyes deceiving me? Have you got three pipes going to the top then? Cheers

Ah I see, mine definitely only has two - I took the bracket off today and the part was marked 77363657, turns out the original order was the right part after all. thanks for your help...now all I've got to work out is why I have never seen a DPF regen light come on in the 3000 miles I've done...

Luckily for me my Fiorino does not haxe the dreaded DPF
LUIGI
Ah I see, mine definitely only has two - I took the bracket off today and the part was marked 77363657, turns out the original order was the right part after all. thanks for your help...now all I've got to work out is why I have never seen a DPF regen light come on in the 3000 miles I've done...

Back