Tuning mk2b back box

Currently reading:
Tuning mk2b back box

zach1992

hey guys,
im in the middle of buying a whole bunch of stuff for my car or at least listing it, birthday on monday the official 18 mark :D
anyway, im looking for a back box for my mk2b 1.2 8v active punto but can't seem to find any for the mk2b only for mk2 so my first question, is there any difference between the mk2 and mk2b exaust or can i buy a back box for a mk2 and stick in on my mk2b?
second question, ive got a £200 budget for the exaust so whats the best sorta thing i can get for my money? i'm not looking for major performance increase, just want it to sound louder/sportier and give it a bit of grunt, but performance increase is more than welcome :D

cheers for your replies in advance lads

cheers for your reply dude
so mk2 exhausts fit the mk2b?
any others you know of that are recommended? not really sure if i should get second hand stuff when it comes to the engine etc but for that price i might decide otherwise XD
ive heard that supersprint are good?
or ive been looking at universal back boxes?
cheers

You said in the OP you wanted a sportier sound?
I think you should get an induction kit instead of looking for a new exhaust system ;)
There's been a bit of handbags on here about the best ones but for a decent budget (£30) you can get a focus one.
Or fork out for a K&N one :)

I would say it would fit as a MK2 B is just a facelift model, i would imagine the exhuast mount and route would be the same but you never know :eek:

again though if your looking for a sporty sound you could go for a focus induction kit, or even a K & N filter that fits in a standard filter box.

saves a lot of hassle, search for fiat punto mk2 panel filter :cool:

cheers for your reply dude
ive heard that supersprint are good?
or ive been looking at universal back boxes?
cheers

yes they are gd again depending how expensive you want to go,

Power flow is another make

i would not go near universal boxes as it will involve some modifications and the chances are it wont fit aswell as you might think (y)

An induction kit is one of the things on my list to buy, was gonna go for the focus one as ive heard good things about it especially for the money
i want a new exhaust as well so how much you reckon a decent custom exhaust system would set me back? and does anyone know where i could go to get one in the Essex area
cheers lads

Back