Tuning Mk2 SPorting Decat

Currently reading:
Tuning Mk2 SPorting Decat

stumpy102

Hi Boys and Girls

I have just got myself a 1.2 Punto Sporting Mk2 03 plate

I want to do a couple of lil mods to it,is it possible to fit a decat pipe to it if so where can i get onefrom?

Scott

Like this possibly?
ebay link
not used it myself but someone might be able to comment
Dan

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
An alternative is to get the manifold and downpipe off a Mk1.

Just to add, don't forget the stud pattern is different along with the bends in the pipe.

It is doable though, but a lot of work
Image00342.jpg

You'll still get done playing dumb or not. Bearing in mind in some instances you can have your car seized and inspected at your cost!.

Don't bother it's really not worth it - You'll actually loose power over most of the rev range it will only be above 5,500rpm when you'll gain a little power.

If you want to do it do it properly with a Sports cat.

Last edited:
Dead right. Just taking of the cat will make the exhaust stink of unburnt fuel seriously advertising the cat is broken or missing. It will be an advert to get stopped and fined.

Do it properly and improve the engine with a sports manifold and cat and remap or dont bother.

ok thanks guys

i will look into all that, its just a sports cat is costly and i was lookinh for something cheap lol

for the price of a sports cat why dont u just fit a afla 1.6 twinspark engine in! i have just recently noticed they have the same engine loom! just a switch everything over and make engine mounts lol
or do what ive done.... turbo it! lol

ALSO the mk1 sporting has a different cylinder head! the studs for the mk2 are more spread and tbh its not with the hassle changing the cylinder head for 3hp? lol

Last edited:
Back