Mk2 radio to cd player? help

Currently reading:
Mk2 radio to cd player? help

carping61

Hi

My partner has an x reg fiat punto mk2, it has the factory fitted radio that i would like to upgrade to a cd player. I know that i have to change the fascia plate, is the one from halfords ok? I don't want a cd player thats to fancy, just one thats reliable and does a good job, can i buy any cd player and simply swap the wires around for it to work, is it that simple or will i need an adaptor of some sort. What cd player would you recommend and have you had any experince in changing the radio to cd player yourself.

Thankyou

The fascia from halfords is fine. You'll need to wire switched power from the cig lighter or ignition though otherwise it won't turn on or off with the ignition.

hi

my radio tape player has all of a sudden asked for the code so i thought this was a good time to get a cdplayer ..

but after reading what you just said it sounds to complicated

could you run me through it

Radio swap fairly simple, get a facia kit and an ariel adaptor(if needed for new CD player), I got my kit from ebay for about £12, remove the radio with the provided keys, now check the ariel connection to see if adaptor needed. Most new CD players have the same ISO connector as Fiat's. The unit will plug in and work but will drain the battery as laser head awake, the ACC wire of the radio needs snipping back and a wire running to the cigar lighter ignition supply wire, then BOB'S YOUR UNCLE.:slayer:

Back