DSC001519.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Mk2 Punto ELX.

Introduction

Thought I'd show you all my baby, all criticisms welcome, but please be nice if you can, its a work in progress and is also my 1st car.

Standard front, but will be fitting eyebrows when the weather clears up

De-badged/ removed bump strips

New HU & painted instrument surround

Painted center console

Lockwood door sills

So... what do you all think?
with regards to the induction kit, would it not be a good idea to twist it so it isnt sitting above the exhaust manifold?

i can only see it getting hot there... :D
ur right, it would be a good idea, but the inlet wont twist without cutting it and fitting some sort of bracket to hold it all together. its on my list of things to do, but for now ive got a cold air feed on order and will fit that b4 i work out how to change the angle. its been ok so far and the engine temp has been sitting a lot lower than b4 i fitted the induction so it will do for now.

well, today has been quite productive, be it a little damp with all the rain.
got my lambda sensor changed so now running with 2 new sensors. (y)
also changed my spark plugs and split breather pipe. decided while i was there that id tinker with my induction so the filter is no longer sat over the manifold but instead sat infront of the battery. just cut the inlet pipe, slipped in a small piece of metal pipe, twisted the end around and fitted it back together with some jubilee clips. seems to be sturdy and should be a lot cooler now as its close to all the cool air comming in from the front. looks like a real bodge job (which it is) but it should do quite nicely. think ill still fit a cold air feed somewhere tho as i have it and saves it taking up room in my shed. lol.

well, today has been quite productive, be it a little damp with all the rain.
got my lambda sensor changed so now running with 2 new sensors. (y)
also changed my spark plugs and split breather pipe. decided while i was there that id tinker with my induction so the filter is no longer sat over the manifold but instead sat infront of the battery. just cut the inlet pipe, slipped in a small piece of metal pipe, twisted the end around and fitted it back together with some jubilee clips. seems to be sturdy and should be a lot cooler now as its close to all the cool air comming in from the front. looks like a real bodge job (which it is) but it should do quite nicely. think ill still fit a cold air feed somewhere tho as i have it and saves it taking up room in my shed. lol.

glad u got ur lambda sensor sorted pal :)

yeah me too. took long enuf. lol

just been told my sporting console should be here tomorra... only snag is he didnt have the gearstick gaiter which, so im told is a different fit than the normal console so gotta go on the hunt for one.

yeah m8 it was differnt on mine i had to go back to scrapyard lol its not the full gaiter is just the plastic ring thing that clips in to the console btw have u got ur neverbeen decal yet

yeah i know... hard bit is trying to get one...
still waiting for the decal... emailed the seller (again) today and still waiting for a reply. lets just say the best feed back they are getting is a neutral... and thats only if its a decent decal and i get it by the end of the week. ive given more than enuf time for producing and posting it now, and thats with xmas post taken into consideration.

ring around ur local scrappers and try and find a sporting, if u haven't got 1 nxt time i go to my local scrappers i'll get u 1 cos hes got 4 sportings in
thanks. i think u doing the leg work is gunna be the way to go. scrappys are pants, but i will get to calling in a bit if i get time.

FINALLY got my neverbeen sticker... wanna go fit it, but its pissing it down and dont wanna get wet... already got soaked having to go to town... but my console should be delivered soon so may do it then. got a new gearstick knob too. only a cheap one, but looks 100 times better than the standard. just hope ive not glued the original on too much to get it back off. lol

Back