£220 Supersprint Backbox
£150 GSR induction kit
£200 GSR/Red-dot remap
£40 new plugs
£40 new leads
£40 new oil and filter
£20 coolant
£15 box oil

And you'll have plenty of change left for other basic maintenance.

thanks for all the replys much appreciated gonna get a gsr induction kit and some lowering springs

im not after speed i know that its only a punto but it my play i just like improving it

oldschool heard your the man for the job when it comes to gsr ?

whats the A1?

is that a cinq or sei or summat :eek:

It was fitted to the Seicento kit.

no i just think £350 is a bit steep for a poxy 12bhp... when he could sell his existing mark 2 punto 8v for a 1.2 16v, which, i would reccomend tuning as i've seen what a map and GSR actually does..... thewhitt's punto, anyone recall???

The poxy 12bhp improve 0-60 time by about 2 seconds and make the car much more driveble.

It is not all about number crunching. Tuning the 1.2 8v is quite a bit of fun. Unfortuntely everyone who did tuning the Mk2 8v took only half the advise I have given and never got the full potential of the engine.

You could locate a cold air feed from the front of the car into the engine bay and point it towards your current induction kit.

Get a straight through centre pipe [decat, illegal though].

new 4-2-1 manifold heatwrapped.

some decent tires.

how long has it been since it was serviced? i'd recommend this over any modification.

You could locate a cold air feed from the front of the car into the engine bay and point it towards your current induction kit.

some decent tires.

how long has it been since it was serviced? i'd recommend this over any modification.

yep a new service to bring back those lost horses over time :)

thanks for all the replys much appreciated gonna get a gsr induction kit and some lowering springs

Be careful getting just the springs without shortened dampers. The stock dampers secure the springs in their seats by applying slight pressure at full extension. If you get springs which are too short, the damper cannot maintain this pressure to retain their seating. Every time you jack up the car, or go over a hump-back bridge too enthusiastically, you could unseat the springs which would be dangerous. Not sure exactly what level of lowering is the limit, but when swapping stock springs, I needed about 35mm of compression before I could remove the damper top nut. I would recommend no more than 30mm lowering with springs alone, although others may have a more reliable figure with respect to this limit.

Good luck tinkering with your Punto. That is one of the things I love about mine. In terms of getting me from A to B safely, it is incredibly reliable. However, the odd little niggle gives me something to play about with.

some decent tires.

1 - That setup will not outperform a GSR kit
2 - The cat is in the manifold so this is irrelevent, de-cat will kill torque
3 - Heatwrapping a supersprint will cause it to crack

Back