Technical Mk2 1.2 8v punto

Currently reading:
Technical Mk2 1.2 8v punto

puntoharper

any body got any tips on how to get more performance out of my punto already have a induction kit and full racing exhaust

at the min i have a k&n 57i induction kit and a ashley racing exhaust full system

my budget is £800

Were in my question does it say quick !!!!

im so sick and tired of seeing how can i add power to my 1.2 8v, its getting really annoying... its an 8v punto it has 60bhp, a GSR + remap will see at a max of 72bhp... and thats in the region of £400 for the two... its seriously annoying if you wanted a car with 'power' why did you buy a mark 2 punto and not a saxo like you lot normally do..

Stoke sounds like Ipswich! Haha, full of cocks and now the Police don't go to certain estates without Body Armour!
Butch

at the min i have a k&n 57i induction kit and a ashley racing exhaust full system

my budget is £800

you can get a GSR induction kit and remap for £350 special offer to FF members i believe (Oldschool is the man to contact), and then that leaves you £450 for a decent exhaust- could probably pick up a Supersprint cat back system for that.

with those mods, you would probably be looking at about 75bhp, so a 25% increase in power.

but will actually be more than that because you K&N induction kit will be losing you power currently due to it being bolted to the throttle body sucking in hot air

im so sick and tired of seeing how can i add power to my 1.2 8v, its getting really annoying... its an 8v punto it has 60bhp, a GSR + remap will see at a max of 72bhp... and thats in the region of £400 for the two... its seriously annoying if you wanted a car with 'power' why did you buy a mark 2 punto and not a saxo like you lot normally do..

Easy solution for you:

Don't look at the topics and you won't get sick = common sense.

Anyway, what is wrong when people want to tune their 1.2 8v? Or do we live in a country that is even less free than I thought already?

If you like your 8v Punto, keep it, but I would seriously consider spending the money elsewhere. Even with performance modifications, you are looking at 75 BHP tops, hardly tarmac melting horsepower.

The strength of the Punto lies in a playful chassis and pretty tidy handling. Once the road gets a little twisty, its strengths are apparent.

But there is much work that can be done. If your Punto came with the stock 165/70 R14 tyres, they are unlikely to be anything special. Even without alloy wheels, you can straight-swap 185/60 R14 tyres on there. A set of 4 Pirelli P6000s will cost you less than £200 fitted. If you get alloys, not only will the look be improved, but the tyre options open up to some spectacularly good tyres.

Obviously, the suspension tends to be balanced towards comfort rather than performance. Being a tall car, there is a little body roll. This can be cured with lowering springs, (£109 for 35/15mm lowering), but I would advise caution since the higher spring constant can overheat the oil in the dampers with hard driving. A full suspension kit comprising lowered springs and uprated pressurised nitrogen dampers (£334 for 35/35mm lowering) will cure this, and significantly improve handling. And, again, like alloy wheels, the lowering will give your car a sportier stance aesthetically.

If you are stamping on the brakes frequently, you might want to consider uprated pads to cope with the heat build up, or even uprated disks too.

And of course, look after the engine. A poorly maintained engine can lose you more horsepower than modifications can add to it.

Easy solution for you:

Don't look at the topics and you won't get sick = common sense.

Anyway, what is wrong when people want to tune their 1.2 8v? Or do we live in a country that is even less free than I thought already?

no i just think £350 is a bit steep for a poxy 12bhp... when he could sell his existing mark 2 punto 8v for a 1.2 16v, which, i would reccomend tuning as i've seen what a map and GSR actually does..... thewhitt's punto, anyone recall???

Back