DSCF2072.JPG

Uno MK1 Uno Turbo (lotsa pics)

Introduction

Right, i actually did it :)
this is my 1988 Uno Turbo MK1 lovingly named Molly :eek: (dunno why but why not? :p) with 105k on the clock. all is running smoothly, except for the rear brakes but i won't bore you with that here :D

I hope you likes :)
The Cinq has to be repaired then it either goes or the Uno goes one or t'other.
Picked her up last saturday, shes running standard boost, its been lowered obviously, it has a strut brace and K&N air filter, scorpion exhaust, etc. and the rest is pretty much std. Its got a few renewed bits here and there, and yep hardly any rust!
there is a tiny amount on the roof but everything else is solid.

yea the brakes are a mystery... theres this thing u have to twist and it screws in or summit :confused: but its not lol.

Well i'll have a think coz the money could be useful to pay for the engine, i'll let u know mate :)
thing is i can obviously get a lot more for it if its running lol.
but then i spose i can always sell the engine to sumone ready to go :)

Yeah just let me know. I will prob be getting another car this week(dont know what yet but just sold one so NEED to get another one to complete the fleet once more)LOL.

Rich.

As said mate on MSN, overall looks nice, maybe some nice wheels OZ SuperT in 15" or even Strada Abarth rims in 14" which are same design as the original 13" wheels but better selection of tyres. Lose some unsprung weight, improve ride quality and probably make for overall better package.

Loose the daft size exhaust and get a proper tailgate on and move that number plate back up and gets badges on it, be proud its an UNO Turbo i.e. (y)

As said mate on MSN, overall looks nice, maybe some nice wheels OZ SuperT in 15" or even Strada Abarth rims in 14" which are same design as the original 13" wheels but better selection of tyres. Lose some unsprung weight, improve ride quality and probably make for overall better package.

Loose the daft size exhaust and get a proper tailgate on and move that number plate back up and gets badges on it, be proud its an UNO Turbo i.e. (y)

:yeahthat: quality car tho :)

Aha! So Pete (Serin) was right when he told me that there was a strong rumour that you'd bought a UT!

Or how about these? Fiat Croma Turbo alloys, same style as UT/ Strada Abarth wheels and in 14". No idea if the offset is correct but they should fit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=190203071036&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

:yeahthat:

Mk1 Unos look best standard, or with a few subtle choice mods (i.e. lowering and, erm, that's about it!). The best mods to do to a UT are the ones that go under the bonnet or are to do with the suspension and brakes ;)

Aaron, you say get a proper tailgate on but that is an original UT plastic tailgate as fitted as standard! It's been 'smoothed' and the number plate dropped but other than that it's original.

Whiley, come and say "Hi!" to the Uno section of the forum!

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Or how about these? Fiat Croma Turbo alloys, same style as UT/ Strada Abarth wheels and in 14". No idea if the offset is correct but they should fit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=190203071036&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

:yeahthat:

Mk1 Unos look best standard, or with a few subtle choice mods (i.e. lowering and, erm, that's about it!). The best mods to do to a UT are the ones that go under the bonnet or are to do with the suspension and brakes ;)

Aaron, you say get a proper tailgate on but that is an original UT plastic tailgate as fitted as standard! It's been 'smoothed' and the number plate dropped but other than that it's original.

Those wheels are very similar to the Strada Abarth wheels, only differance is the centre section is not raised, but flat, but not many would ever notice and I think would look great on the UT.

I knows its the original tailgate, I dislike smoothed tailgates where the number plate is just hung on bottom of bumper makes the car look like the designer forgot about it, hence get a proper one not some half thought through modified one.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back