Technical MK1 Punto Problems

Currently reading:
Technical MK1 Punto Problems

si23uk

Hi,

My first problem is that i have a small hole in the radiator, the water just spills out and it appears to be over heating...has anyone had the same problem?? If so how much did it cost to fix

Right, now my second problem. My break fluid is leaking, im not sure where abouts its leaking from, i just know its somewhere under the drives side front wheel, any suggestions and also how much for the repair?

Thanks

rad could be fixed with radweld tempory (i have brand new rad for sale £45 +£10 p&p) brake fluid could be metal pipe, flexy pipe or caliper, is it wet on the metal pipe? wet on the rubber pipe? or just on inside of wheel? are you sure it brake fluod not the coolent splashing on to wheel?

Im sure its the break fluid as my fluid warning light comes on, ive topped up the fluid about 4 times and its getting worst, as i said it somewhere under the front wheel and i cant find the leak anywhere...and it doesnt look as if anywhere is wet.

the brake fluid light is the same light as handbrake on light iirc there always problems with that.
is brake fluid still going down? when you first get in the car in the morning does the brake peedle go straight to the floor on first press? if there is no wet area what makes you think its leaking there?

I filled the fluid to the max level on sunday morning, and ive travelled to work today, about 10 miles from where i live. And the light has come on again, I dont think i have a handbrake light, if i have then its never worked since ive had the car.

Ive sorted me radiator, fixed that bad boy, had to get a second hand one and is all ok.

Ive booked the car in a me local garage for the fluid problem cos im at a stump with this problem!!

yeah the fluid has totally gone and i think the brakes have seized, as i can press the pedal all the way to the floor even after ive topped up the fluid!

yep its been recalled, was recalled about 1 1/2 ago, and they replaced the both of them.

Back