General Mk1 Punto Price

Currently reading:
General Mk1 Punto Price

Trav 1.1uno

LØÑG LÎVË THË ÜñØ
Hey Guys, wondering if you could help. I'm looking into buying a mk1 punto, black 5 door, power steering, T reg, any1 any ideas of what i should pay or what market value is? Cheers in advance, Trav

power steering is a sx model and they sell for a little bit more than the base model dont pay more than about £1000 though

Id say 700-800 too, considering I payed 1800 for my mk2 that came with 17's, lowered, tinted windows, backbox, cd player, great nick etc

also depends on mileage :D i got my mileage at 68k anything over 80 i wouldnt even look at :p

The punto 55sx I have just bought sounds absolutley fine with 95k on the clock. I think its a bit silly disregarding cars with higher mileage as long as they are in good condition. I would rather buy a motorway miler thats been serviced correctly as opposed to a town car thats never been up to temprature and has been owned by a penny pincher. At this price range condition is what matters. Mine cost me £400 by the way.

Bear in mind that the 60 replaced the 55 in around 1997, so you wont find the 55 on a T plate.

I paid £1200 for my 60S (Team edition) 3 door, but it didn't have power steering, electric windows or central locking.

Round here for an SX/ELX i'd probably be looking around £1500.

As cinq has said it will be a 60 bhp (5 more horsepower - yey),

What model is the Punto; S, SX, ELX, Sporting, GT?

Later modifications of the Punto include; S - rev counter, cloth head restraints, plastic door protectors, some with colour coding, SX additions include: body coloured bumpers, centre console, new trim patterns, different steering wheels, plus the free upgrade to alloy wheels (from august till end of production on the mk1's) and also metallic paint. ELX: more electrical goodies. Towards the end dealers also included free upgrades on various equipment.

There were a minority of Puntos which included the option of Air Conditioning (which was a £900 upgrade). Here is an example from a while ago on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9843&item=4553818075&rd=1

Have any pictures of the Punto?

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
fiatpuntosx said:
Later modifications of the Punto include; S - rev counter, cloth head restraints, plastic door protectors, some with colour coding

They also included clear indicators at the front, a temperature guage, the navy surrounds to the heater vents, controls and stereo, leather look gaiters, rather than the rubber ones, a nicer looking steering wheel, 14" wheels, rather than 13". I believe it was with all 'S' models at the time, called the 'S Team', at least thats what my V5 says for mine.

It didn't however include Electric Windows, Central Locking or Power Steering. I believe a sunroof was an option, but I don't have one.

Last edited:
bloody bargain you got there
1 round the corner from me just sold 1995 n reg think it was a 60sx £200 cant get any better for that money i think.

symonh2000 said:
I think its a bit silly disregarding cars with higher mileage as long as they are in good condition.

:yeahthat:

If a car has a high mileage you know it has been reliable in the past, otherwise it wouldn't have been on the road clocking up those miles.

chaos said:
:yeahthat:

If a car has a high mileage you know it has been reliable in the past, otherwise it wouldn't have been on the road clocking up those miles.

I agree with this but only if the car has been reguarly serviced, and not thrashed, becasue a car can be thrashed around and the engine and bushes, suspension etc could be on their way out from then on really.

punto_jr_sx75 said:
I agree with this but only if the car has been reguarly serviced, and not thrashed, becasue a car can be thrashed around and the engine and bushes, suspension etc could be on their way out from then on really.

That's true, but you'll only really find that out by looking yourself, and how can you do that if you disregard it when looking at the advert due to mileage?

Yeah.. the engines beens fine for that much time.. but wont last eternity ;)

Back