Technical Mk1 Punto Doors

Currently reading:
Technical Mk1 Punto Doors

remepunter

Hi Everyone! Need Some Advice...

I have a Mk1 55s (which my girlfriend is jelous of,but thats for another thread!), i decided she needs some new speakers because the piddly things in the dash are as useful as a hole in the head,so some decent size composites i think are in order,good idea methinks...just a case of replacing door cards with mk2 doorcards and fitting some wires,but upon looking into it i discovered that the mk2 has electric winbdows and my baby doesnt! obviously i want electric windows if possible so ive worked out a few possible options for my door card situation

1.Replace the door cards with those from a mk2 (will they fit without modification of the windows or doorcard?)
2.Replace the doord cards and fit electric windows( how much hassle and money is this going to cost roughly?)
3.Replace the whole doors with mk2 doors(will they fit and will it work out cheaper than option 2?)

any help would be greatly appreciated:worship:

RemePunter

There may be a guide for fitting elec windows in the guide section, I know theres a guide for fitting central locking to some degree, that may help as to where to put wiring and that.

ive had both car, and unfortunatly the mk2 doors will not just fit directly, and i highly doubt the mk2 door cards will fit the mk1 without serious modification (that would mean its actually probably going to be easier to custom make door cards from scratch using the old door card plastics.)

The easiest alternative is to get punto MK1 GT door cards which have holes for door speakers - but they also have electric windows. Fitting central locking and electric windows isn't too difficult if you salvage the parts from a GT aswell. Also the dash speakers can be upgraded to higher wattage speakers, but you have to be careful what you go for as the mounting depth is very shallow... other forum members may be able to advise you on replacements here.

Back