Technical mk1 punto 1.1L Chip Tuning

Currently reading:
Technical mk1 punto 1.1L Chip Tuning

MadMan0

Mk1 Punto Owner - 51 Mpg
Hi all,
Following on from my post in the punto section i was getting no response so thought i'd post here.

I'm looking to remap my ecu for a fiat punto 1997 55 s 1.1L spi (Uk)
I wanted to do this for exp with a blank chip, copy the current map to the new chip then "tweek" it.

I've done mapping before but never a whole map.
Currently trying to a EEPOM read/writer that will work with the fiats chip, but i don't know what chip they use:p

Does anyone know?

Does anyone know if this chip is suitable?
£11 for a new blank chip (mirco controller)

http://proto-pic.co.uk/picaxe-28-pin-28x2-microcontroller/?gclid=COD1pYSB0LACFUUhtAoddhZbYw

Then copy the Fiat chip memory over?
Might be worth buying another ecu to avoid damaging my current one:idea:
Lots can go wrong when you don't know what you're doing :p.

The engine i mapped had a performance ECU which you could just plug in and change... I Wonder if that will work with the punto's ecu...:confused:

Soz, just re read your post! wrong size etc.
Did you happen to copy the code written on top of the chip?
Or if you have the standard chip out and about, could you post the code/number on top of the chip please, so I search for a spare / blank one?
Thanks. :)

Last edited:
I've had a message asking to post the links to engine maps,
When i get a free hour i'll try and dig out the links, but in the meantime you can always use "Google" to find them(y)

I'm being trained on the rolling road this week at work and will hopefully get to meet someone who has exp in remapping Eprom chips (y)

I will also try and get to use the rolling road to settle the debate as to weather or not the K&N air filters change the BHP of the mk1 punto(y) No promises though

I've had a message asking to post the links to engine maps,
When i get a free hour i'll try and dig out the links, but in the meantime you can always use "Google" to find them(y)

I'm being trained on the rolling road this week at work and will hopefully get to meet someone who has exp in remapping Eprom chips (y)

I will also try and get to use the rolling road to settle the debate as to weather or not the K&N air filters change the BHP of the mk1 punto(y) No promises though

I'm the guy who asked about the maps :). I gave up looking for them and started re-mapping the car myself. I'm still in the process of tuning her up and tested some tweaked timing maps today with good results :slayer:.

Back