General Mk1 door hinge broken!

Currently reading:
General Mk1 door hinge broken!

mattyb90

Hi all. My grandma has had a mk1 punto for 23 years and the drivers door hinge has snapped. My question is will a 3dr drivers door fit a 5dr or are they different sizes? Any help would be great as she's worried it will have to be put down :cry: it will be a shame as the car has been spot on all these years and has only done barely 80k miles. TIA. Cheers Matt.

Unfortunately the doors are completely different sizes, with the 3 door being significantly larger than the 5 door. Cheap replacement doors can still be found at breakers or on ebay. It sounds like this car is part of the family and deserves to live on.

Thank for you reply. I thought that would be the case, I've found someone who can supply the hinges, does it matter if they are from a 3dr or 5dr? And yes the car is part of the family and my grandma was nearly in tears when she called me to say it might have to go.

Many thanks for the information! I've managed to get some hinges from a 3dr in the same colour which is a bonus and they've fitted straight on with no issues. Thanks again guys it's very much appreciated! Hope you have a good Christmas and New year! all the best Matthew.

Back