Mitcar 2007, The Big friendly Italian car show

Currently reading:

Posted by dave
Calke Abbey, near Ticknall in South Derbyshire.
Sunday, August 5, 2007 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 5, 2007 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Ouch!! And I thought getting up at 7 was bad!!

Bit random buuuut, does anyone have any of that stuff that you either spray or wipe onto the black sills of the car to make them shine that I could use tomorrow. I only have the stuff that is for tyres only here so it looks a little odd with the Panda having so much black.

nah we dont have any here otherwise i would say you can use it, only thing i can think of is halfords in some service park on the motorway?

Thank you people.

Hmm my car best not get too dirty getting there. Spent far too long cleaning.

My good friend Fiat who lives inthe back of it was well impressed!! haha :D

mind any rocks on your way down as the hills are quite steep in some parts round there and you could pick up quite a pace :p
Haha!! That took me a little while to get at first. Must be a sign I need sleep.
Should be there tomorrow for about 10:15. I'm ratherrrrr excited! Tis my first event :D

Haha!! That took me a little while to get at first. Must be a sign I need sleep.
Should be there tomorrow for about 10:15. I'm ratherrrrr excited! Tis my first event :D

well I offered black stuff too and i'm quite partial to a roll, but you didnt offer me one :cry:

mine is auto glym. ill have to get ryan to remind me to bring it! bringing polish n stuff to clean her up once we get there :) candice is still a work in progress so dont talk ill of her, you'll hurt her feelings!

bed time now!

quicker i goto sleep quicker tomorrow will come!

Well I have printed off my car details onto A4, and laminated it :eek:

Same one we used for Brooklands, but had to tweak it slightly. Damn Stilo breaking didn't help :D

I'm gonna be pooped tomorrow. Dipped beam on the Uno decided to disappear - problem located to a fried fusebox after much head scratching. Luckily I had a spare but it meant scrabbling around in the footwell of my car swapping them over at 1am...

Not only that, but I went to the 24 hour Asda at 10.30pm only to find it shut :bang: 24 hour my arse! :mad: So I've got nothing to bring with me to Mitcar, and even though I'm meeting some of the Forumers at Sainsburys tomorrow morning we'll get there at 7.30am and it won't open until 10am :( Oh well, I'll just have to take some squash and a packet of crisps with me!

I'd better get to bed...

just a quick note, have to head into london to drop vish off

first up, on the way home, looked like two of the boo lads (one blue one black car) got collected by a big merc van, hope you are all ok, no injuries, and whatever damage can be sorted easily

as for the event, yes it's one of the smaller ones, but none the worse for it, very relaxed, and for the first time this summer the weather was well and truely on our side. it was a long long way for a lot of people and the effort i think was well worth it. very nice setting, good crowd, some very obvious groups forming, but nothing new there! a good selection of cars, and characters.

ryan, it's what you make of it, the cost would have well known to you in advance, and if all you're thinking of is purely monetary terms, then i suggest 2 options, swap to a one litre car, or don't come along and mope about it, esp if you're not getting what you think you were going to get out of it.

photos to follow

Back