Mini wipers stopped working

Currently reading:
Mini wipers stopped working

I am going to get flamed for this - maybe even thread deleted but I have to ask.

The wipers and washers on the Morris Mini I am working on will not work, no blown fuses. Wiper motor works when on the bench. There is power to the switch. Could this be a faulty earth.

There is a UK forum I used to be on getting info on my Rover but I have lost the link.

/R

Last edited:
Re: Wipers stopped working

Mini is very simple, all that is needed is a 12v supply & a grounded wiper motor. You have 12v to the switch, do you have 12v out of the switch & is that 12v reaching the wiper motor? If it is either the ground is deficient or the motor has failed...

Mini is very simple, all that is needed is a 12v supply & a grounded wiper motor. You have 12v to the switch, do you have 12v out of the switch & is that 12v reaching the wiper motor? If it is either the ground is deficient or the motor has failed...

Excellent advice :)
I guess we should think of working on Mini electrics as being good practice for fixing the Uno.

I shall probably get flamed for not deleting the thread! :eek:
You should be under non-FIAT (I'll move you there...)

-Alex

Thanks for that Alex. I should have remembered. And thank you to the above poster. I mentioned the grounding issue to the owner, and last night as I was thinking about it I thought I should try the grounding.

As I said above the wiper motor works on the bench.

And I hadn't got to checking if 12v had got to the wiper motor.

Back