Technical mileometer and trips resetting themselves

Currently reading:
Technical mileometer and trips resetting themselves

hydie331

Hi, this is a new one on me. I was sitting in my 1.6 Stilo with the engine idling, i pressed the button on the end of the stalk to have a look at my trip mileage when it reset itself, not only that the main mileometer went back from 40332 mile to 39992. I know it sounds bazar but i know the 40332 was correct because i had spark plugs and air filter fitted by a garage on Monday and they put the mileage on the invoice of 40310. As anyone come across this before as i am a bit worried something electronic is about to go bad.

Hydie331

Steely

Dislikeskeyboardwarriors
Hi, this is a new one on me. I was sitting in my 1.6 Stilo with the engine idling, i pressed the button on the end of the stalk to have a look at my trip mileage when it reset itself, not only that the main mileometer went back from 40332 mile to 39992. I know it sounds bazar but i know the 40332 was correct because i had spark plugs and air filter fitted by a garage on Monday and they put the mileage on the invoice of 40310. As anyone come across this before as i am a bit worried something electronic is about to go bad.

Hydie331

Have you had the service light reset done??? i hear a few storys about some non fiat garages trying to reset them and causing this type of problem... do a search for service reset..

kev1

Similar happened to me in my 1.6.

Turned the key and got absolutely nothing - as if there was no battery.

Tried again and it fired up as usual but all the trip info(trip,mpg,time,date,etc) all reset to zero except for the mileometer.

this was about 4 months ago and had no problems since.

Maybe it's just another gremlin that visits from time to time???