2011-01-25_13_51_21.jpg

Panda Midget4hire's Panda 100HP.

Introduction

As the punto has gone I had to look for a new car, with my job depending on having a car it had to be decided fairly quickly. I spent a day or so looking around online and the suggesstion of a panda 100hp was thrown in.
I made a quick call to the insurance company to see what it would cost. Luckily enough, even though its the same engine size and power its 3 insurance groups lower than the punto. So it hasnt cost much to change it over.

I collected the car on Saturday morning from Chesterfield
A few pics of it as it stands now

2011-01-25_13_51_46.jpg

2011-01-25_13_51_35.jpg

2011-01-25_13_51_21.jpg
Re: Midget4hire's Panda 100HP

Its not too bad considering its a 1.4
Think it was about 8.5 seconds, il double check at work tomorrow. We quarter miled it a few months back
Its not that good on long journeys, i get about 200-250 miles from a tank. Its a 35 litre tank though, so smaller than a lot of the other fiats

Thats not too bad, seeing as they're not the most aerodynamic cars! ;) Whats it like for comfort? and have you got a picture of the inside?

Car is looking really nice with the stripes. Im warming to theses Pandas quite a lot! Definatly on the short list for my next proper car. (y)

The exhaust videos almost sold it to me!

for such a small upgrade, the exhaust has made a massive difference. always makes me smile. should sound better when i change back box to the magnetti marelli one

Red edge on the grille would look nice.

i thought about that but i thought i'd see how it looks when wing mirrors are done

Thats not too bad, seeing as they're not the most aerodynamic cars! ;) Whats it like for comfort? and have you got a picture of the inside?

it is a little square, its not as bad as the nissan cube though :)
its fairly comfortable inside, the ride is a little boucy on standard suspension though.
Ive changed the springs for the eibach pro kit, this made a massive difference. eventually id like to change the shocks too for the Koni adjustable ones. but right now i cant stretch to the £400 - 500 ish they cost

i thought about that but i thought i'd see how it looks when wing mirrors are done

Have you considered silver for the mirrors, like the Pandamonium Pack? Too much red [stripes, callipers, mirrors] could make the car look too-aftermarket, rather than a factory special.

Not that I have any room to talk! ;)

Last edited:

Have you considered silver for the mirrors, like the Pandamonium Pack? Too much red [stripes, callipers, mirrors] could make the car look too-aftermarket, rather than a factory special.

Not that I have any room to talk! ;)

I didnt know the pandamonium pack included different colour wing mirrors. Im possibly going dark with the wheels so it shouldnt be too bad. The mirrors will be the last thing that goes red though

Not much to update really but I thought I'd mention that I went to Oulton Park last night for a trackday taster session
Absolutely loved it, just wish I had uprated the brakes beforehand
They didnt seem to do much good once they had warmed up which meant I almost lost it on one of the corners (druides for those that know the track)
The tyres, eagle F1's, didnt seem much use either. Screeching on every corner and lacking in grip so I may have to think about changing them if I go back

Will upload some pics later on

You need EBC Disks, Greenstuff pads (green or yellow compound) and Either Toyo Proxie T1-R's or Kuhmo Ectsa SPT's. Will give you a vast improvement.

Having a set of yellow stuff pads made up for me, not sure what discs im going to get yet. cant really afford to spend £150 on ebc discs though
Ive never been a fan of toyo proxies, i need to have a look at what is on offer really, wont be able to buy them anytime soon. insurance renewal is due next month and it looks like it's going to cost over £2000 :(

From experience [although not in the Panda], I would go for plain-and-simple blank discs together with quality pads [have run Yellow and Red, Pagid RS14 - amazing but not inexpensive].

Good to see a 100HP on my favourite UK circuit (y)

From experience [although not in the Panda], I would go for plain-and-simple blank discs together with quality pads [have run Yellow and Red, Pagid RS14 - amazing but not inexpensive].

Good to see a 100HP on my favourite UK circuit (y)

Its likely that I will get the Brembo OEM discs, £65 for the fronts isnt too bad

Not sure which to try out next, brands, snetterton, bedford or cadwell

Maybe you were just pushing to hard hence not enough grip and squealing? If you want tyres that are gonna be good on track you need to buy track tyres as your never going to get brilliant performance out of road tyres.

Maybe you were just pushing to hard hence not enough grip and squealing? If you want tyres that are gonna be good on track you need to buy track tyres as your never going to get brilliant performance out of road tyres.

Valid point, i think it was braking that let me down the most. That should be sorted over next few weeks though

Back