General Mid Wales 4x4 Meet - Carmarthenshire - Introduction

Currently reading:
General Mid Wales 4x4 Meet - Carmarthenshire - Introduction

Not long now. Prop shaft fitted, done some light green landing near a friends today. All ready for Wales now :)

You flying in Jon?

We're heading over Sunday to meet up with a friend of Barbara's who lives nearby, so we'll be there pretty early on Monday, guess we can do some local sight seeing till some of you arrive. Am I right in thinking that you are all arriving around 3-4pm?

If any of you with GoPros and cameras can get some good video footage as well, I'd like to get some off you if possible. The idea is that I'm gonna make a new channel for us on YouTube which we can link in to our group on here and on Facebook. I've got a GoPro which I'll be using as well as an actual 4k camera! I'll explain my plans fully when we're all together.

If any of you with GoPros and cameras can get some good video footage as well, I'd like to get some off you if possible. The idea is that I'm gonna make a new channel for us on YouTube which we can link in to our group on here and on Facebook. I've got a GoPro which I'll be using as well as an actual 4k camera! I'll explain my plans fully when we're all together.

Andy great idea that
Get shots with as many Same sequences as poss one from rear to follower likewise from front to rear wheel shots low body mount
Shots say from water crossing camera just out of water so wave covers camera as you pass good shot inside of engine bay also as crossing ford. Rev counter shots
Ect ect. Use very short sequence 1-2 Sec only may be shorter twilight shots dusk with lights on or say tail lights into distance
Mm mm getting carried away now
Enjoy the break
Hopefully next time for me &Ad
Cheers for the flange
Beer credit !!!!
Best regards
Steve

We're off in few hours. Camping over night south Peak District. At the farm probably near midday, lots to see there so will wander for few hours.

Where you guys camping in the peak ????

Last edited:
Arrived home safe. Bull bars and sump guard removed to reshape.Pressure washer overheated and cut out several times. Can't wait for next time!! Had my driving license renewal in the post today because I'm 74 this year. After driving off the road and having to be towed out by John - I'm wondering if I should renew it. Perhaps its time for the pipe, slippers and free TV license!!!

I also returned my panda safely to it's habitat :devil: Will go through the videos and photos tomorrow. How are we best sharing the videos for compilation?
AndyPanda4x4

Also a huge thanks to Andy and all that chipped in to organise an incredible few days off-roading. And thanks for all being so supportive of the issues the car had and also some of my slight poor judgements on the off road course today! Car was fine all the way home so seems the coil was indeed the issue!

Will be going injection if I can. And a new exhaust routing and some improved prop shaft protection I think I will have a bit of a look into as well...possibly the lift kit might be on the cards too :devil:

As usual great time with great cars and great peeps! See you all soon! :slayer:

Thank you to everyone for a fantastic week! The best 4x4 meet to date I think you'll agree. The cars and drivers did so well throughout the weekend, the weather couldn't have been better and the accommodation was first class. Andrew the owner had said that the family had thoroughly enjoyed having us and that it was great to see what the cars were capable of. Because all of us enjoyed it so much I've booked us in again for the same time next year:

7th - 11th May 2018.

The 7th is a bank holiday, but will be the arrival day the same as we did this time. All that came to this meet are automatically booked in for 2018, anyone else who wants to come can just get in touch. I will put a thread up in due course regarding this.

So anyone with any video that would like to pass it on for the final edit, if you can get in touch with me via PM or text/messenger and we'll organise it, I'll be working on the video over the next month so plenty of time for you guys to sort through your pics and footage.

So anyone with any video that would like to pass it on for the final edit, if you can get in touch with me via PM or text/messenger and we'll organise it, I'll be working on the video over the next month so plenty of time for you guys to sort through your pics and footage.

Andy, if you like I can sort something out for people to upload footage to so you can download it? Just let me know if that's any use mate. Also, if anyone is editing footage and needs software, I found HitFilm4 was the best free one.

Andy, if you like I can sort something out for people to upload footage to so you can download it? Just let me know if that's any use mate. Also, if anyone is editing footage and needs software, I found HitFilm4 was the best free one.
Thanks Jimmy that would be fab! I'll talk to you on Messenger :)

Had my driving license renewal in the post today because I'm 74 this year. After driving off the road and having to be towed out by John - I'm wondering if I should renew it. Perhaps its time for the pipe, slippers and free TV license!!!

Nah dont be like that! I was losing concentration around then but I put it down to not having lunch at that point. Could have done with some snacks in the car.

I also drove off the path and got stuck at one point meaning I had to get John to rescue me as well!

At least there was no major damage done and no personal injury thats all that counts (y)

Back