Microsoft own Gov Gateway IP shock, horror :eek:

Currently reading:
Microsoft own Gov Gateway IP shock, horror :eek:

I remember reading about this in The Register 10 years ago -- that nice Mr. Blair, you know, the one who lied to you about the odd war, represents the bankers who steal your pensions, etc. snuggled up to that kind Mr.Gates (the one whose team design file systems that eat themselves, etc) and gave him the IP rights to the Government Gateway, which Bill and all would develop.

At the time, I thought that The Register had lost the plot. Or hoped that someone would discover the mistake and rectify it.

However, I was mistaken.

It looks like Microsoft is responsible for the DSS's latest way of spying on the unemployed.

In days or yore you could log onto the Government's website, see a job you liked the sound of, click on the details and consider at your leisure whether to apply for it.

Now you click on the details and -- if you don't like the job -- you have to explain, there and then, why you're not applying for it. And your DSS clerk at the local office can check on your every move.

Having been forced forced by the DSS to register for this service, first time I came to use it, it crashed:
Bad Request - Header Field Too Long

HTTP Error 400. A request header field is too long.

Isn't ISS wonderful!

Back