General Micheal Schumacher Stilo?

Currently reading:
General Micheal Schumacher Stilo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bennyboy said:
I'm sorry I stand corrected :eek: (y)

I relation to the Body kit you are totally correct, I have see a pic at my dealers of the Pro-Drive version ( or what its suppost to look like... we all know how Fiat change their minds ;) )

from what I remember the wheels are not the claw ones but similar to or are these from OZ Racing
http://www.oz-racing.co.uk/superturismo_main.htm and are 18"

the body kit is the same as the one in the Italiaspeed article.

arc said:
Not from a 2.4l 20v engine imo. My dad has a 5 door focus, 2.0l ghia. The spec 0-60 for that is a 8.9 seconds, the stilo is only 8.6 seconds. They're both 5 door family cars, and .3 seconds is all it pulls from 20% bigger engine, and an extra cylinder.

Follow this link & read the list: http://www.letstorquebhp.com/fwd.asp (y)
I take it you got those figures from the Fiat brochure? What you have to remember is that in the small print in the brochure it says all performance test figures are carried out with 2 people in the car & luggage. ;)

Last edited:
bennyboy said:
Follow this link & read the list: http://www.letstorquebhp.com/fwd.asp (y)
I take it you got those figures from the Fiat brochure? What you have to remember is that in the small print in the brochure it says all performance test figures are carried out with 2 people in the car & luggage. ;)
Nice find Ben, I was looking for them figures a while ago, when someone else on here was trying to bring the car down. There's also a thread from someone quite recently saying the 0-60 time on the Abarth was around 7.6 seconds ? with an accelerometer.
I have timed my car with a stop watch to see how close these times were and although a stop watch cannot be that accurate and I did have someone in the car doing the timing, I have to say those times are what I would state if asked as all my runs were under 8 seconds.

The Negotiator said:
That website is theory based...not real stats.
Yeah your right Nagotiator, i remember seeing that site not long ago now, and its just based on what is expected from the cars.
BUT there is a proper site out there with the official stats and the time is 7.? seconds..

I won't argue about specific stats, lol, that would be a bad idea. I just wanted to point it out incase anybody had missed it.

It doesn't consider gearing for example - this may be more important with the selespeed or not, I really don't know. The equations used may work more for very high performance cars or on the other hand lighter mass, lower BHP cars etc. I remember using it for (i think, stu gave me the specs) a 20v marea, it was well off.

KoArAnG said:
Nice find Ben, I was looking for them figures a while ago, when someone else on here was trying to bring the car down. There's also a thread from someone quite recently saying the 0-60 time on the Abarth was around 7.6 seconds ? with an accelerometer.
I have timed my car with a stop watch to see how close these times were and although a stop watch cannot be that accurate and I did have someone in the car doing the timing, I have to say those times are what I would state if asked as all my runs were under 8 seconds.

Bringing the car down??? I like the stilo, i want a stilo. I was just saying it could have been much more.

All 0-60 times are supposed to be done with two people in the car and half a tank of fuel, or something similar. The specs i quoted came from parkers.co.uk

The run with acclerometer was done with only the driver in the car? If the road the test was done on was not 100% level the readings will be out anyway (i have the same accelermeter)

I was comparing book times of a two 5door cars, nothing else - i'm sure ford and fiat are subject to the same constraints with regards to 0-60times, else FIAT wouldn't load up the car because it'd make their cars look slower.

To summerise, I am not "bringing the car down". I am not attacking the car, i am merely staying it could and should be more - which is why once remapped they come alive.

edited because it sounded rather hostile, which i didnt mean to do!

Last edited:
Problem is, you could say the same thing about every car and every item thats ever been sold. People always want MORE instead of just accepting things the way they are ???.

Its a good car for the money, it's performance is good for the money its equipment is excellnt for the money and I am 100% happy with mine for the money. Just like i would be if i paid an extra 4 grand and got a turbo charged version.

It is what it is, i wish everyone could just live with that, and quit slating a perfectly good motor, just because it's not MORE than it could have been.

As i said Arc, my 0-60 times were with two people in the car and a Full tank of petrol and i consistantly got times under 8 seconds.

Just one other small fact I'd like to mention is Arc quoted a Focus 2.0l ghia with a 0-60 time of 8.9 secs well I'd just like to point out that a 1.8l dynamic stilo does 0-60 in 8.9 secs with 200cc's less. On that note I wasn't offended Arc & I didn't think you were slating the car (everyone is entitled to their own opinion) I will just say go drive an abarth m8 & see for yourself. :cool: (y)

Last edited:
Yeah in the old brochure Fiat claimed 8.9 but in the new one it says 9.9 but on that power calculator site they reckon 9.53. Anyway the point being it has a smaller engine & less power & wouldn't be that far behind.

bennyboy said:
Sorry mate got drawn into splitting hairs with people who don't even own a Fiat. lol
:D
(y) No problem with me Ben, I have seen too many of these topics turn sour, I wasn't directing my comment at anybody, just at the general direction these things usually take and there's never a winner, so my comment was just a way for me to say i'm stepping aside, before it does turn sour ;)

KoArAnG said:
(y) No problem with me Ben, I have seen too many of these topics turn sour, I wasn't directing my comment at anybody, just at the general direction these things usually take and there's never a winner, so my comment was just a way for me to say i'm stepping aside, before it does turn sour ;)
Stilo Arbarth it stands out in a crowd , its got all the gadgets and it holds its own against most, and its the right price, :) everybody pulls in the right hand lane at the lights at the side of you because they dont have a clue regarding the speed of the car and some times who makes it :eek: and 90% are shocked when they get left!. i would rather stand out in the crowd than be one of the crowd :yuck: :yuck: nothing else to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back