Styling Mesh,Mesh,Mesh

Currently reading:
Styling Mesh,Mesh,Mesh

Jonna83

Established member
Essex/Southampton/Norwich, United Kingdom.
I been talking 2 Whitterz on msn ;) I im gonna mesh my standard sporting front bumper but was wondering wot 2 use 2 hold the mesh in place any ideas? obviously idnt want it coming loose at speed :p and ill b adding a Ibiza front splitter 2 the front 2 when i make the trip 2 cheshunt.

I've done the same to my front bumper.
I've cut it all out and meshed it all and stuck a Cordoba splitter on the bottom of it:)
To stick the mesh in i first used fibreglass filler but being as the cordoba splitter was seriously low (i've lowered it 20mm and cant get my foot underneath!!!) the fibreglass filler cracked and the mesh came loose, when i caught it on speed humps [:(!]
Now i've used clear silicone sealant the stuff you use for sealing baths etc. This is flexible when dry so theres a small bit of movement, which helps.
If you want i can email you a piccy of what it would look like, or you can hang on coz i'll be selling this bumper when i get my new one through :D:D:D

"The Not so Fast but Furious"

wehey, i was right Jonesy, hes got a cinq, cento, so he wont be wanting ur old bits LOL

Whitterz.jpg

i did much the same but i roughed the inside edge of the bumper and used lots of 'no more nails' adhesive - it has a high instant grab which helps for final touches in the shaping and it sets ROCK hard - it is still on now so no problems yet :)

SEI-POWER

how much you wanting for that bumper cento?

i got a m8 with an evo front bumper for a nova, i can cut n shut plastic pretty good and i was thinkning about trying to make something that would fit a sei outta the two :D

SEI-POWER

Yeah its the standard bumper, woke up one day with a hangover and thought sod it lets cutout my bumper, must have been still half pissed [xx(]
I hav'nt strengthed it as the points where it is held on gives it loads of support.

"The Not so Fast but Furious"

Well o friday when i was out with me m8 getting his ICE bought i was looking at the MESH bloody expensive from Ripspeed and i dnt think theres enuf 2 cover my whole cut out bit . Where did u buy ur mesh from?

i bought mine from B&Q, i believe the ripspeed section is £17.99, B&Q do a sheet twice the size for under £3, it ain't as pretty, but if you buy the smallest square one and put it diagonally it looks cool and costs a hell of a lot less;)

SEI-POWER

Back