DSC00265.jpg

Grande Punto Martin's T-Jet

Introduction

Hey guys, thought i'd finally post a picture of my car.
As the title states it's a 2008 T-jet and i've had it about 5 months now.
Its just hit 40,000 and so will be getting a service at the end of this month, I think it will be a relatively minor service as the ,major one was done at 34,000.
Had the usual issues since owning it:
Glovebox handle - replaced under warranty.
Knocking suspension - drop links replaced under warranty ( didn't fix )
Terribly noisy brakes - EBC pads and discs all round.
Both front seat belt stalks replaced as cover fell off, replaced under warranty.
Boot light not working - new boot catch and sensor replaced under warranty.

Plans:
Already tinted the rear 3 (medium tint)
Fitted Eibach Sportlines (sorted out my knocking noise) that was a bugger for someone like me with no mechanical experience.
Get the wheels aligned at the end of the month once springs settled.
Defo want to get a Forge induction kit - just for the whoosh!
Going to purchase a standard Grande punto black grill for the symmetry (why would they fit 2 different grills?)
May get the front vinyled - not sure?
Would love to get the alloys powder coated Black (cheapest quote over £300 so far)
Sort out the stone chip a go go on my bonnet.

Any way, said my piece I'll upload more pics when I get the chance.
Cheers, Martin.
i'm really tempted to get some eibachs too, ride height looks perfect on yours... i think i'd wimp out and go for the pro-kit though, bit worried as i've had the little rubber flap under the engine touching the road when going through potholes at home

Mods can you please change the name of this thread to Martin's T-Jet, don't quite know how I managed to name it '!'
Also how do I get my picture as a thumbnail on the thread?

if you want a mods attention
use this
report.gif

or PM the section mod(shown at the bottom of the section)

as for images.you need a gallery hosted pic in the 1st post,not attached

Will probably stick with the gloss black idea regardless once i have the cash as i think with gloss black wheels and possibly the same on the mirror caps it will look sweet!
Always cleaning my bloody wheels anyway (EBC pads-less brake dust my ass):devil:

So guys sorry to say it, but i must say goodbye to the Fiat Grande Punto Forum.
I have enjoyed reading and contributing to this Forum but it was time to trade the car in!
Will miss the car but have moved onto a nicer car.

But dont worry i wont be going far!!!!!!!!

Mods.. Could you please edit title of this thread to ' Sorry to say Goodbye '

Attachments

• 20121009_110233.jpg
    20121009_110233.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Ive been looking at scoobys lately so hadn't bothered to check for abarths, I saw the one you suggested on pistonheads but a long way for a viewing and the pictures are pretty naff lol

I've never been sure if it's worth the upgrade from my tjet but I've given up on scoobys and can't think of any other cars I'd like. I think the abarths are lovely in black only colour I'd get one in! :)

So, was it worth the extra 35bhp? ;) haha

Yeah defo worth it in my book. Feels like more of a car, looks superb and certainly gets plenty of looks and if i want any more ill just plug in a TMC box.

Did you have any mods on the tjet? Is the 2k really worth a body kit and bigger turbo though? I wouldn't do any power mods on my tjet so abarth would be good, specially with s zaust and map!

Back