DSC_0012.JPG

Stilo Mario's Stilo Tractor

Introduction

Well I have always looked at Stilo's and thought they were a nice car and the chance has finally come, (well if i'm honest, this is my second chance to have one, first was an Arbarth but choose a Jag instead) for me to own one, this time its a nice daily JTD Wagon that has a couple of small issues but nothing that worries me really.

Good bits, its a Dynamic so has lots of toys, its the 115bhp 1.9JTD so MPG will be nice and high, it doesn't have horrible leather, which makes me happy.

Bad bits, clear coat peel on drivers front wing, not worried, rust on the sills due to stone chips from the common lack of mud guards, not worried, and it feels down on power but that might be because I have come from a 150bhp 2.0 petrol to this lol.
yeah, there is a great breakers down the back of Brampton. I will show you on google maps.

I'm after a lot of front end bits, I will look in ePer for an exploded pic to better show what I need lol.

The map shows roughly where the breakers is at Brampton.

the second pic shows the guard that is missing that I am after and I will have to take the bumper off to take a pic of the other bits im after as I cant find an ePer pic of what I need.

Attachments

• Brampton Breakers.png
    Brampton Breakers.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 41
  • AA Gaurd.png
    AA Gaurd.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 49
I will let you know mate, I was hoping to be up there this weekend but things have gone all to pot lol, up next weekend instead lol.

I need all the plastic support panels that hold the rad and stuff in place too as mine are all snapped, but cant find an exploded pic of the front of a stilo that shows them.

well today has been expensive, the combination of lowering springs and 20mm spacers on the front has, a faulty wishbone and dead track rod end, well, destroyed a pair of almost new Yokohama tyres in 2.5k miles, oh and 2 screws have seen the end of one of my rears, 3 new tyres at £90 each has seen me very poor this week
thumb_down.gif

on brighter news, my car hasn't gone into limp mode since before Brooklands and the smoke seems to be easing off too, maybe i'm driving slower.

Last edited:
Thats what you call bad luck mate :( thunk mines not far off :lol: ive had to get drivers abs sensor,cv boot,wish bone and need ecu scanned as well as two tyres and tracked :lol:

You can say that again mate but gotto love em never the less :D

Oooo thats not good. Hows the gearbox playing up?

I have this weird vibration under load but according to Sussexa and the Alfa forum its a common sign of inner CV failure, so will get one and replace it and hope it fixes the issue lol.

its a fair jump to just order one on the hope ?
id still be seeking pro advice from a garage , up on a ramp with hands on the joint, if they say gone fair enough.
if I jacked mine up now and had a feel of mine id have no idea of good or bad as ive never felt a good or bad one, id be off to see if my trusted mechanic would have a feel to confirm.
these guys have probably done enough to feel a bad one(hopefully)

its a fair jump to just order one on the hope ?
id still be seeking pro advice from a garage , up on a ramp with hands on the joint, if they say gone fair enough.
if I jacked mine up now and had a feel of mine id have no idea of good or bad as ive never felt a good or bad one, id be off to see if my trusted mechanic would have a feel to confirm.
these guys have probably done enough to feel a bad one(hopefully)

the unfortunate thing is, the only full time Mechanic I trust lives 178miles from me and as I have only been in the Notts area for about a year I haven't found a garage I trust yet, thought I had but then they didn't pick up on my separated bottom pully and then stood around scratching their heads as to why it kept throwing the belt.

If I just replace it then its one less thing to worry about and another step closer to a brand new Stilo lol

Unfortinatly, I didn't get time to pop over and see you this time I was up, was all very last min
frown.gif
, I will be up again in a few weeks but I will have fitted a new shaft by then, new shafts were on my list of items to replace anyway due to age, I would really like this car to stick around longer than I normally keep a car for (about 6 months)

Back