she has only done 82,000 miles and rust free,

Future plans :

paint correction
engine cleaning
Belts
keeping the car as Fiat intended

First time I saw here

Here intake pipes were butchered so she would roar

Turbo Badge at the rear (and V8 Turbo badges on the wings)

Soo got her home and a quick clean and some parts replaced with some spares that I had :

New inlet hoses pre MAF
New K&N panel Filter with a new airbox lid
Bosch MAF
Air intake ducting
new battery tray

my old Wagon (that my son owns now)

Have had the Weekend "Star" Wheels Refurbed by my son and fitted

Will be updating as and when new bit and
Pleased to say they are brilliant ......
They are just as bright as the HID
The spread pattern is very even
They are CE marked
They have no ballast
No flicker over bumps
Don't need to heat up like HID
Only down side maybe is cost as they cost £52 a set

reasonable quality Xenon HIDs are about that much, so I might get some for the full beams, I wondered about putting HIDs in them, but the warm up time dissuaded me. What brand did you get out of interest?
got any pics?

Thought i would update this thread,

The old is still going strong at 109,000miles
She hasny had much use over the past year and as a result is lookong abit tatty and sorry for itself
Its overdue a massive refresh whci is avout to start as soon as lockdown is over ......
Plans for refresh :

Rear Suspension strip down and complete overhaul with some poly frame bushes
H&R 30mm lowering springs and some Bilstein B4 shocks ...

Some corrosion has appeared in the floor pan which will need to be cut out and new sections welded in ........
Body is full of little dings and dents so will probably be getting a Full Respray in Leader Blue and the wheels will be going back to silver for the time being ....

Some work has already started with the feont suspension in the form of :

fully seam welded subframe
Fiat Coupe Antiroll bar with powerflex mount (special request in soft compound) to match the oem stiffness
2 new oem wishbones amd some droplinks

Will keep you guys more updated as progress continues .....DSCN2230.JPG20200404_111557.jpeg20200404_144417.jpeg

Bit more of an update ......

Marea has had its floors striped back to reveal the extent of rhe corrosion

Pretty much the whole passenger side is toast and rear drivers side
Everything has been cut out and replaced .....
Rear passenger outter arch panel has also been removed and replaced .....

Rest was all cleaned up and treated to some rust inhibitor,
Seam sealed the new panels ....
3 coats of primer
2 coats of hammerite black
3 coats of 3m Shultz underseal .....

Interior was striped of its sound deading and all replaced with some Dodomat

(Sorry for crappy pics, phone doesnt like the sun[emoji1787])
20200528_163847.jpeg20200528_163900.jpeg

Bit more of an update ......
Marea has had its floors striped back to reveal the extent of rhe corrosion
Pretty much the whole passenger side is toast and rear drivers side
Everything has been cut out and replaced .....
Rear passenger outter arch panel has also been removed and replaced .....

Nice work, did you do the work yourself? If not, can you recommend anyone? My 1997 weekend HLX is suffering from the same (or worse) Thanks!

Bodywork.. based where..?

Yes me and a friend did the work over a weekend ........can you get some pictures we could do the work

Thanks, I will post some proper pictures after this weekend in my own topic not to hijack this beautiful Marea. I only got it last week :)

It's been very badly "repaired/covered up" few years ago by the looks of it so I need to revel the extent of the damage first. I live in Hampshire :)

New update ......

Rear sills have been needing doing for a couple of years now so we managed to get a pair of genuine fiat sills from Brasil for the Marea ....
Where only cutting out the rotten section as from the pillar foward it was treated a few months back with no rot what so ever
Also the inner wheel arch will be cut out and replaced at the same time.
Lower black plastic sections of the car will then likely be painted in body coulor whem everything is finished but that abit of a way off yet .....
Here the first pics of the work done so far 20210123_143240.jpeg20210123_143258.jpeg

Not updated this in a while ..... so the Marea has had its sills and most of the floor replaced now .....
Also redid most of the engine with a top end rebuilt and all new mounts and bushes .....
Suspension has been completely replaced again with genuine Bilstein B6 shocks with H&R springs ... genuine Fiat wishbones
She's now awaiting a full exhaust in stainless steel made to original specs with Vband clamps rather than flanges and gaskets .....

Most importantly she will be getting a full respray in Leader Blue to freshen up the outside ...
She's under her cover now until summer
20220123_133124.jpg
20211205_144048.jpg
20211205_115357.jpg
Polish_20201130_170009558.jpg

So after a few years off the road ... shes now back better than ever ... shes had an engine over hauls aeen but also most of its suspension replaced ... with Bilstein dampers and H&H springs, the original wheels were abit tired so had these stilo blades powder coated in silver .....
The car now needs a refresh of its paint work and I'm looking for a set of original sideskirts of anyone has any ....

Attachments

• 20220517_152540.jpg
    20220517_152540.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: ben
haven't updated this thread for a while .....
the Marea is still plodding along, doesn't get used as much as it should but does go out now and then .....
still waiting to get painted as other projects keep taking priority sadly .... but its still on my to do list.....
she was at Festival Italia last year and will be again this year alo g side my HGT and my Alfa 159 ....
Polish_20220814_171816447.png
IMG_20230107_132145_502.jpg
FB_IMG_1660765970097.jpg

Back