Technical Manual Gearbox issue

Currently reading:
Technical Manual Gearbox issue

Jack1234

Hi guys I have got a 1.9 multijet sporting (130) 2006 and the gearbox has gone completely but I'm struggling it get hold of a new one I know they are also fitted to some vauxhalls (but not sure which ones?) can anyone help me out just need to know what gearbox it is so I can try and track one done for a reasonable price the chespest I have had so far just to supply is about £1400 any help would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Hi, I just had mine done as it exploded.

I purchased a fully refurbed unit from Mr gearbox in Sheffield for £850 and gave him my old gearbox. Though due to the damage to the gearbox there wasn't much of a discount off the new unit so depends in the condition of yours you may get it cheaper.

The refurbed one has a year or 12000 mile guarantee and uses updated bearings.

The box is an m32 gearbox but get one specific to the gp 1.9 as there are lots of variants with different bell housings and ratios etc.

Hi is the a major difference the between the vectra box and the punto box then as there is a hell of a lot off difference in price ?

I can't imagine the vectra box is a straight swap but I wouldn't know really.

Yeah well I went to the breakers today and all the codes on the box are exctly the same and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the punto box

Back