mac book or not

Currently reading:
mac book or not

Mac is more suited for design rather than a science based degree.

However, it depends what you are looking to get out of the degree. Will you be more design based, or more on the practicality side of things (programming)? If design, get a Mac otherwise Windows laptop is more suitable and for only £747 at Staples you can get an i5 processor with 6gb RAM. Something a Mac could not touch for that price :)

hmm i think its gonna come down to what the uni says and how much i like and want a mac

but that HP is very tempting for that price

jip0 - Shop around, you can get far better for your money online ;) I only advertise that as I work at Staples and in retail stores that's the best value for money.

If you're going to be more graphical/design/sound then Mac may be the way forward (but remember Windows can do it all too).

If you was going for a Windows Laptop I would either suggest the HP or see the attachment for something which is similar in price to a Mac ;)

Attachments

• laptop.png
    laptop.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 22
if you go for the mac then just use VMware parrallels or better if you want dual boot just do boot camp tbh....soon ill have both windows based and a mac but will be boot camping my imac plus as a student they give massive discounts on macs being a student :) without be picky my potential imac is circa £2.1k with student discount more like £1.7K

yeahh i dont want to spend to much but i can get a mac book for like 700 which isnt bad really but what puts me off is how much better i can get if i stay pc

i got a reply from the uni and they said its entirely up to me but the majority of work will be on windows

If it's any help in a general sense, my son bought a mac book, and he says that compared with a Windows laptop it is quicker, lighter, longer-lasting (battery), better thought out and less prone to nasty viruses etc.

If it's any help in a general sense, my son bought a mac book, and he says that compared with a Windows laptop it is quicker, lighter, longer-lasting (battery), better thought out and less prone to nasty viruses etc.

thats technically not fully true about viruses, i wish apple fans would not always say well i have no AV its only until something bad happens they realise they need AV...

boot camp is easy to do by the way.....

Back