Tuning M-Jet decat help

Currently reading:
Tuning M-Jet decat help

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Dont fancy spending £200 on a ragazzon or protoxide decat when its really just a flange and a mandrel bend. Does anyone know if this will fit
Cheers

Note that from last year the MOT includes a check to ensure all emissions equipment is still fitted, so removing a CAT is now an MOT fail. Last time I looked they had not updated the testers handbook so it's clear how far they will go. Technically it's illegal to use a decatted car on the road, MOT pass or not.

Robert G8RPI.

Has anyone actually produced credible, independent figures for the power increase though? I work in the car industry and it's rare that a manufacturer will give up on "easy" horsepower just for the sake of fitting a slightly bigger cat / air filter etc. I've seen some recent "mythbusting" videos on aftermarket air cleaners, and I'd be interested to know if the same is true for cats. My guess is that it probably is!

the precat I plan to get rid of sits right after the turbo and from a number of people who have done it - it helps the turbo spool a little earlier in the rev range and produce a small power increase (talking between 3-8bhp) which makes sense, your helping the engine expel the gas quicker which is obviously important in a turbo charged car.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back