Lythgoe Bolton

Currently reading:
Lythgoe Bolton

Hi, recently had an interesting experience with Lythgoe Bolton Fiat who also sell mazdas and citroens.

Purchased a 20,000 mile stilo

I'm not giving opinions at the moment, just facts because I am still resolving issues and do not want to sound bitter.

1. Good service on day of sale - Friendly, efficient

2. After payment agreed service went down hill

3. Car was not valeted

4. Service indicator was not reset, coolant levels low

5. Delivery driver scratched sill when unloading from trailer (Delivery time was NOT negotiable - I had to take deliver at work so got a colleague to supervise the last part of unloading process)

6. Stone chips and exterior minor paint defects were not repaired (as discussed on day of sale)

7. Received a PANDA owners manual rather than the STILO book (which still contained service book)

Since receiving the car I have personally valeted the car and all matters have been resolved, apart from the scratch repair which is ongoing.

H

Last edited:
Similar Lythgoe fun in Rochdale when buyng new diesel Panda. No diesel demo - no panda demo actually. Said cars were in short supply, little budging from list price and poor p-ex price. And the salesman was a cocky creep.

Went 5 miles to Oldham motors. Had a diesel one as a demo - would you like a go ? Yes please !!

No delivery wait, good p-ex, low price (almost as good as fiat supersaver but without hassle of getting rid of p-ex) and nicer slaes staff to boot.

No wonder Lythgoe went down :D
They deserve it!:yuck:
I blame the management, how is it that all Lythgoe garages had bad costumer service? You need to trace up the pyramid.. Every company should know that the key is to good staff training... BBC trained all its staff about what you can do in TV and what you can't recently, why can't a garage do the same?
Anyway's I have been victim to Lythgoe too so obviously I'm being a bit harsch:devil:

training is not a reason garages go under,its poor management.Managers should be ex-Fiat techs not ex-sofa salesmen or a manager from another make who only joined the company for a job, brand knowledge and loyality is a must hence ex-techs for the job(y)

(BBC cream us all for a huge wad of cash every year under the 'tv license' scheme, how much of that goes into training/programmes....(judging by the crap tv progs this year not much!) maybe there should be a standard £175 garage licence?

Last edited:
Lythgoe once had a Mazda dealer in Wigan and I was daft enough to take my beloved Mazda6 in for a warranty repair, having said that they did make a good job of 12k service.

What a mistake that was :rolleyes:

Before I bought the care I tried to buy one off them.

The young salesman who took me out for a test drive was great but the so called sales manager could at best be described as a prick ;)

Anyway Diesel Bob at Ribchester sorted the Mazda and Lythgoe are going down.

Sorry for the good staff been there done that.

Back