Styling lowering

Currently reading:
Styling lowering

sly

NOVITEC Stilo springs 1.2/1.6/1.8
502 HF
Click to enlarge
NOVITEC Stilo springs about front 45 mm and 30 mm lower

these r 84 quid does it lower buy 45 or 30?

got no friends?
buy a 3 door!

well go to novitec.de and go to the stilo section and you can find lots and lots of stilo tuning stuff over there ... very nice page indeed but not cheap.

FIAT STILO 1.6 3dR Tiziano Red
Sub=Pioneer TS WX20LPA
AUTOMOBILE SK

If you search around sly there is a thread regarding this subject already and I have posted a lot of answers in connection with the very subject you are raising! :D

FIAT Stilo Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really. Rear Roof Spoiler,
Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs.

you have said this before about springs but i cant find jack!

So would someone please inform me about this, cause im looking to drop the stilo by at least 50mm

http://www.powerfiat.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=35_36&products_id=478

I believe these are the springs TC has? Though I'm sure he said he got them cheaper?

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

Ok

I lowered mine by 30mm and it's a perfect drop, in my opinion, this is how the Stilo should come out of the factory.

I sourced the springs (Eibach) from www.motorsportworld.co.uk and they delivered them directly to my door for £90.00 (they list them at £145.00 but email them for a better price). I then got my independent local garage to fit them, they charged me £30.00 and the work took about an hour, 20 minutes to fit the rears, about 40 minutes to do the fronts.

My mate fitted the 55mm springs and the car sits far to low, it's on the floor and he has to watch every manhole cover, speed-bump, high kerbs when parking, etc, a nightmare, and taking passengers in the rear can be a scary experience too!

So there you have it, anything else just feel free to ask.

TC. :D

I agree, 30mm is the best compromise between looks and practicality, though I still shy away from the idea altogether, as being into horses, I regularly navigate some awfull tracks:(

I guess I'm gonna have to put up with the naff ride height, I just hope when I eventually get round to either changing the bumper or adding lips, I don't end up smashing them off!

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

The 30mm drop springs still give you a lot of clearance James, I had two kids, my Mrs, myself, the shopping in the boot and two 25kg sacks of potatoes for my mother-in-law in the boot yesterday and it was fine.

Don't forget that although you are fitting lowering springs, they are 30% stiffer than the originals too!

The only time I have really had a problem is backing of the girlfriends drive, you know the little black strip under the front bumper? Well that scrapped the ground, but since I've found getting a bit of lock on stops this happening, so I guess it would maybe just a case of having to be more carefull.

If I win the lottery I could always go for a full on adjustable set up, a ride height for every occassion;)

Stilo TURBO!!!!(diesel)

http://shophost.net/shop_n/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_19&products_id=302
NOVITEC Stilo springs 1.2/1.6/1.8
502 HF
NOVITEC Stilo springs about front 45 mm and 30 mm lower
just thought i would check with you as the 'NOVITEC Stilo springs about front 45 mm and 30 mm lower' bit did'nt make much sense to me though the price did!!

:D

got no friends?
buy a 3 door!

Jonppaul

There's a picture of it on the Club Stilo website, just click the link here and it should take you to the photo! :D

http://www.evilorange.co.uk/clubstilo/images/hi-res/twincamms.jpg

I don't know which ones you won on Ebay, but they are FIAT 16in Shadows.

Has anyone fitted new springs to the 5 door, did it make mush difference to the handling?

Do the new springs affect insurance at all?

Mike

Stilo 5 Door
JTD (115bhp)

Hi Mike

I'm getting some H&R springs fitted in about two weeks time, they'll drop the car 40mm front and back.

I'll let you know how things go, and post some pics (cos if you're anything like me, the handling comes second to the looks!)

Andy

02 Stilo Dynamic 5 door. Orion Grey. 17" Fox 2's in Titanium. Colour coded rubbing strips

Back