lowering issues ?

Currently reading:
lowering issues ?

callumt

alright guys i posted this on fiat-forum but got no replies :cray: so im gona try here since i always seem to get an answer

i was just wondering if anyone knows of any problems when lowering a grande punto very low ?

when i put my coilovers on i plan on going as low as possible but just want to know if anyone knows of any issues you might get like driveshafts rubbing against anything or other problems at all

Dependant on wheels, but I'm sure that the 17's rub on the rear arch if lowered too far. The front (IIRC) need to be just about in the arch otherwise steering is compromised.

Driveshafts will be fine as there is enough clearance. The obvious faults will occur with the likes of drop link ball joints failing quickly and if not adjusted, could have serious effects on tyre wear.

Abyss on here had his lowered on coilovers and 17' wheels with no rubbing, but the fronts were VERY close to the arches, so i think it would be wheel/tyre width dependant tbh

yeah its only steelies im running so not to fussed about tyre wear as its like 50p for new tyres haha

and the drop links wearing quickly isnt a problem too as i can just get them cheap through my work aswell :)

cheers for the replies aswell guys :tongue:

droplinks last about a year and are as cheap as chips but lowering the rears are fine loads of room fronts when i had 215/45/17 were fine when i changed to 225/45/17 it was a little close

Mines are gona be more than a little close haha. Has to be as low as it will go but can still be driven daily :) but yeah cheers for the replies guys ! I knew it would be a speedy reply from more than 1 person

Haha yeah i can see that happening a lot with me ! And its not going to be with speedbumps, i reckon it will be with any little bump or even a big a stone haha

cant go to low as i snapped the air con pipes with it at its lowest and it shaves the flexi on the downpipe

i dont have air con so dont need to wory about that and tbh i wouldnt be to bothered about the exhaust as its just made of rust anyway haha

My punto is lowered. Its not really the scrubbing i would worry about. Expect to have your suspension parts life expectancy halved. Ball joints will all fail twice as quick. Drive shaft inner bearing will also go due to them not sitting level causing where on the bearing housing. Having it low is nice looks great but expect to pay for suspension parts near future. Also get the tracking done straight after. Ive never found adjustable camber for any punto mk2 or Grande. I go threw front tires every 6 months due to my car being low. Unrated poly bush options are available but don't offer any for the main bushes and joints that fail from being lowered. Bit shame really

i will be able to do the tracking in my work so that shouldnt be a problem. and im expecting to pay the price but if its sitting how i want im willing to pay it :dirol:

Back