lowering and insurance

Currently reading:
lowering and insurance

phillyd

i am considering lowering my cinq sporting however due to a previous crash my insurance is already sky high 1 of my mates has told me that upto 30mm does not need to be declared on insurance. was just wondering if anyone knows if this is correct or if hes just chatting sh*t
cheers
phil

I think your mate has the wrong end of the stick and/or branch as I believe I think the price changes alot from up to 50mm drop, and 50mm onwards. Either way they have to be declared but I think past 50mm drop costs more to insure? But obvs depends on the insurer.

It's probably all hear'say

I think your mate has the wrong end of the stick and/or branch as I believe I think the price changes alot from up to 50mm drop, and 50mm onwards. Either way they have to be declared but I think past 50mm drop costs more to insure? But obvs depends on the insurer

That's the impression I got from using compare websites. They always tend to ask about suspension being lowered <30mm or >30mm. So I've always presumed there was different pricing since they were asking for details.

Back