Love at first sight?

Currently reading:
Love at first sight?

RichieC

woooooh...I'm a ghost...
With your car, what was the defining moment when you thought 'i really want to have one of those'?

With my first (Punto 1.2 60s in Team Blue) it was sitting at a bus stop outside the co-op on my way home from Uni in about 1995.
A punto drove past and turned a corner and with the views of my parents in my head ('Those puntos look horrible..like a wedge of cheese') i knew i had to have one. I loved the shape of it. very daring styling for a supermini in 95 (this was the days of the old corsa, micra and fiesta...yuck)
That said i had my heart set on a broom yellow Cinq Sporting....till i drove one and repeatedly hit the accelerator while attempting to brake...why are the peddles so close???

and seeing as my daughter was 6 months old at the time we needed a more practical family car.

For my latest (Punto Active Sport) i'd loved the new shape punto from the moment i saw it (in 3 door anyway) and when i saw the Active Sport (hi spec, low insurance...good combo for me) was available in Yellow and with £500 off at the time...that was it. of course, FIAT being FIAT i had to wait at least 2 months before they could be bothered to build one.
But now i have it was worth the wait.

i wanted a sporty car that was cheep and turned heads and at the time sei's that were broom yellow were rarely seen in warks!!!! now they are fooking everywhere!!!! arrrgghh...but no complaints....its cheap to run...cheap to insure etc...and i love it!!!

The One & only xxx

Needed something cheap on insurance for a 2nd car, saw my Cinq all polished up in a carpeted showroom under the spotlights. Saw it had alloys, bucket seats, leccy windows and loved it. Took it for a test drive anyway, and was smitten!
Even showed The Wife the car by putting Gran Turismo on the playstation and choosing the right colour !!

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/

I wanted a cheap car and something cheap to insure, cause I just had the accident, so I was looking round all these garages for decent cheap and reliable cars, but all I found where fiesta's and corsa's, these didn't have the 'THING' about them.

Then one day I pulled up to the garage, in the middle of 'god knows where', whilst I was puttinf fuel in I looked up and saw this bright yellow thing across the road.

I went to go and have a look at it and couldn't believe how cheap it was and the spec for a FIAT.

I took it for a test drive and brought it that day.

Gaz[^][^][^]

Looks Good, Drives Sh!t.

I decided I wanted a V12 XJS as they were going up in value. My friend who worked with Jaguar when they designed the chassis took me to see "the ultimate" that a friend of his owned - a 1990 JaguarSport XJR-S 6.0 V12 built by Tom Walkinshaw Racing, one of only 238 made.

Well, we turned the corner into his drive, and my cheque book did cartwheels out of my jacket and bounced across my dashboard screaming "USE ME USE ME USE ME"

So you see it wasnt me that decided I wanted this beast as I could see all the pitfalls of woneing this monstrosity, but the chequebook had spoken to me sternley and I couldnt change change its mind no matter what I said!

The Bravo HGT was different....my daughter said "oh well if you must.... just dont order a yellow one" ha ha ha - so I did!

Fiat Bravo HGT155
Jagaur XJR-S 6.0 V12

Back