Technical Loud diesel knock!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Loud diesel knock!!!!

Lloyd1

Hi there,

New to here so please bear with me.

Finally got my first van and its a 1 owner 77k miles 2005 scudo 1.9 (non turbo!!!!)

Its got a terrible diesel knock on it, somedays its constant. Ive changed the fuel filter, 2 injectors, flushed oil system and fresh oil.

When i unplug the 4th injector which has the sensor on it, nothing happens. No change in revs or anything.

Ive tried moving and unplugging the sensor on top of the lucas fuel pump. Didn't change anything either.

When it doesn't knock it sometimes has a slight misfire on idle and a bit of blue/white smoke comes out which smells of fuel.

Ive been in the motor trade quite a while now but never worked on a van or a diesel vehicle of this kind.

Ive seen a video on youtube of a citroen berlingo with the same engine doing the same noise but it states as oil starvation and I've ruled that out.

I also don't think its the fuel pump because when its running it doesn't have loss in power at all, most days it runs like a baby sleeping but its those other days i want to stop.

Any help welcome please

Lloyd

Its a wjy engine code

I haven't performed a leak off test yet.

Not sure if its the xud as in the pugs

Anyone got any idea's??

Heard the advance solenoid is a common one on these and can cause a serious knock!

Back