Technical lost key and problems with codelock

Currently reading:
Technical lost key and problems with codelock

marilyn smith

hi
as i bought my fiorino -95 i got 2 blue keyes, wherefrom 1 works to open all doors and start the car, and the other one only to open the doors and make the startmotor turn, but it wont start the car.
now i've managed to loose the key that starts the car... i dont have the red motherkey nor the card so fiat arent able to send me any copy of the keyes.
since its some kinda codelock i dont know what to do!
fiat tells me that the only way to do this is to change the whole steering with the ignition!
isnt there anything else i can do? is it dangerous to do like the carthieves and connect the cables i need to start it? i mean, with the key that i have in the ignition at least the steeringlock is gone... or what is the effect of the codelock in such a situation?
i would like to sell the car at some point though...
hope someone knows what to do...
thanx
marilyn

hi
as i bought my fiorino -95 i got 2 blue keyes, wherefrom 1 works to open all doors and start the car, and the other one only to open the doors and make the startmotor turn, but it wont start the car.
now i've managed to loose the key that starts the car... i dont have the red motherkey nor the card so fiat arent able to send me any copy of the keyes.
since its some kinda codelock i dont know what to do!
fiat tells me that the only way to do this is to change the whole steering with the ignition!
isnt there anything else i can do? is it dangerous to do like the carthieves and connect the cables i need to start it? i mean, with the key that i have in the ignition at least the steeringlock is gone... or what is the effect of the codelock in such a situation?
i would like to sell the car at some point though...
hope someone knows what to do...
thanx
marilyn

I was not aware that these had a chipped transponder type key, my 1998 Fiorino does not have one nor does my friends 1997.
I would just buy a good quality pedal or steering wheel lock.

Back