Technical Wiper armature and motor.

Currently reading:
Technical Wiper armature and motor.

Morgana

Off to the garage today. Engineer fitting a new armature and motor. He says they don't come separately, and it probably needs a new motor anyway at 11 years old... £200 inc. fitting. Kerching!

He is also investigating an oil drip. Goodness knows how much extra that will be. :rolleyes:

Off to the garage today. Engineer fitting a new armature and motor. He says they don't come separately, and it probably needs a new motor anyway at 11 years old... £200 inc. fitting. Kerching!

He is also investigating an oil drip. Goodness knows how much extra that will be. :rolleyes:

Blimey..

That sounds a bit steep..

The motor is probably common to all those pandas and puntos..

Where are you based?

Hi! Based near Crewe, Cheshire. I've looked online, the price at Click Mechanic is £141 or thereabouts, and that's for someone to come out and sort it on the drive.

After driving my car to the garage and the mechanic not turning up, I drove home again. He came at 1.30pm to pick it up, after telling me to be at the garage for 9.30am. I will have to find another garage, methinks.

Whatever I ask him to do, his quote is always around the £200 mark. :(

Ah yes but being non technically minded, that would be a challenge for me! I watched the AA man take it all apart and temporarily fix the driver's side wiper to the motor, then put it all back together again. It did take about an hour... most of that spent dismantling the cover at the bottom of the windscreen and then putting it back afterwards.

It's done now anyway. And my pocket is lighter! Thank you for your comments, Varesacrazy!

There are a few more jobs that need doing. A slight oil drip underneath somewhere (so back to the garage next week!), and a wobbly button on the driver's side for the passenger side window.

Back