General Looking for a car (52 Plate)

Currently reading:
General Looking for a car (52 Plate)

ljbty

Hi there, i'm hoping one of you will be able to help.
I am looking for my mothers old car and would love to buy it back.
It is a Black 2002 1.4 with the 17" Scorpion style wheels.
The Reg was PK52 KUC.
It was traded into a Ford dealership in St. Helens who probably sent it to auction.
I have seen that it's MOT expired in March 2017 and so i'm hoping that because its not too long ago it is still knocking about. As they're getting increasingly rarer i'm hoping one of you collects/hoards these cars and has the one i'm looking for. Or if any of you have information about it i'd love to hear.
Thanks. Luke.

Your best bet would be the Ford dealer tbh. Give them a ring and see if they can give you any information!

Im sure they hold some records as where/who the car sold to....

Hi there, i'm hoping one of you will be able to help.
I am looking for my mothers old car and would love to buy it back.
It is a Black 2002 1.4 with the 17" Scorpion style wheels.
The Reg was PK52 KUC.
It was traded into a Ford dealership in St. Helens who probably sent it to auction.
I have seen that it's MOT expired in March 2017 and so i'm hoping that because its not too long ago it is still knocking about. As they're getting increasingly rarer i'm hoping one of you collects/hoards these cars and has the one i'm looking for. Or if any of you have information about it i'd love to hear.
Thanks. Luke.

Appears to be no more as it’s been scrapped.

Here's a thought, no idea if it would work.

Write to DVLA, explain the issue.
Include a letter for the current registered keeper, asking if they would wish to sell, with your story and of course return address.
Include a stamped envelope for your letter, so DVLA only have to address it.
Leave it unsealed so that DVLA can read and accept the contents of your letter.

Hopefully they'll forward it, and the current keeper will get in touch.
If it does not work, it will have cost you two stamps, two envelopes and two sheets of paper.
Despite rumours, I'm sure there are a few humans working at DVLA, hopefully you find a sympathetic one.

Last edited:
Technically it could still be on a yard somewhere without a plate. Not sure how that works in England.

Here in the Netherlands it can have the name "scrapped" but still somewhere on the owners land.

Technically it could still be on a yard somewhere without a plate. Not sure how that works in England.

Here in the Netherlands it can have the name "scrapped" but still somewhere on the owners land.

Could be, but unlikely. More likely to be scrapped and not registered as such over here.

Even if it were, once a car has been registered in the uk ad scrapped it can never go back on the road.

So many regulations mean that old fashioned scrap yards where you can pick your own parts off stacked up cars are disappearing and these days end of life cars are processed very quickly for anything useful and the rest sent to be recycled

Back