General Locking with fob intermittent.

Currently reading:
General Locking with fob intermittent.

CraigUK74

Hi our 2009 lounge unlocks and locks via the key no problem, boot Unlock and doors unlock via key fob no problem, but when I press the lock button the lights flash as normal but it doesn't always lock?

Changed battery in fob etc. What I have noticed is that the sound when it's trying to lock sounds lazy if that makes sence.

Any ideas please.

Thanks Baglady, it's the original key fob with new battery, I've been told it's probably the actuator, hopefully somebody may confirm this. Thanks again x

I was going to say actuator in door,you could try removing and giving it a work out by hand to free it up?
Or just replace?
Thank John for the advice, so I just tried to lock it again, I pressed the fob to lock it and it made a really lame winding noise (Drivers door) so I thought okay the passenger door should of locked yeah.... No lol both doors unlocked 🙄 pressed it again and it locked.

Sounds like a lazy or failing actuator, how easy is it with the key in terms of resistance?
New buttons and fob covers are available that make the remote brand new you can even get new logo circle thing
Just popped out to try and with the key it's sweet as a nut, works like a charm every time 🙄 weird eh, surely both door actuators ain't faulty are they.

Thanks John.

100% its the actuator in the door lock. You can pick one up on eBay for probably around £25. Depending on which side it is, I may even have one you can have cheap.
Legend, yeah if you got one pal I can do PayPal as a friend, let me know please buddy.

Regards

Craig

Yes I have got one including the blue and red clips if you want it. They are aroun £20-35 on ebay without the clips. You can have this one for £15.

Attachments

• IMG_3446.JPG
    IMG_3446.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 18
Back