General lockdown3

Currently reading:
General lockdown3

Local garage put in a brand new battery this morning. Ignition on. Cranking like crazy.... but still not starting.
Diagnostic plug showing no error codes.
Our "old faithful" now towed down to garage for detailed inspection!

Garage found glitch causing engine to flood and promptly fixed - just in time to get me into city for coronavirus jab.
And quite enjoyable it was, with the twinair 4x4 romping over snowbound rural roads up here in Scotland with occasional use of the eld switch. Meanwhile the heavy snow was causing general chaos on the slippery roads.
Great wee car - and the NHS and Army medics were amazing too!

Garage found glitch causing engine to flood and promptly fixed

.... hmm, might need more details about that! Very unusual for a modern engine to flood, unless there is no spark and it's cranked for a while. Might the 'glitch' have been associated with spark plugs or coil packs do you know?

.... hmm, might need more details about that! Very unusual for a modern engine to flood, unless there is no spark and it's cranked for a while. Might the 'glitch' have been associated with spark plugs or coil packs do you know?

Agreed..

I was thinking a bad temp. Sensor forcing minus 32'c fuelling

But in current conditions.. that should still fire.. ;)

Should have said the garage said engine repeatedly flooded and smelt of fuel. Thoroughly checked the electrics and also found broken clip on engine air pipe.
Starting still rough, so they also replaced spark plugs. Engine fired right up and is now running great.

Hi.
30k on the plugs is far too long. With a low battery it's doubtful if they'd properly fire. For longer life fit platinum ones. Normally they are good for 60k miles but I've heard it's advisable to replace them at 45k miles. @

Hi.
30k on the plugs is far too long. With a low battery it's doubtful if they'd properly fire. For longer life fit platinum ones. Normally they are good for 60k miles but I've heard it's advisable to replace them at 45k miles. @

My twinair gets plugs every other oil change..

Yes it might be mildly OTT..

But better than cooking the board in the ECU ;)

Hi.

Hi Trevor
Do you have the number of NGK Platinum plugs, please?

Hi.
Indeed the twin air uses an iridium NGK plug, I didn't realise they were iridium so should last comfortably for 45,000 miles unless they are under a lot of strain in the TA. In fact the Denso's in my cross were the same ones that were in my previous lounge as I swapped them with its previous standard plugs before trading it in. They now have done around 28,000 miles and when I removed one at around 25,000 miles there was no perceptible wear.

Hi.
Indeed the twin air uses an iridium NGK plug, I didn't realise they were iridium so should last comfortably for 45,000 miles unless they are under a lot of strain in the TA. In fact the Denso's in my cross were the same ones that were in my previous lounge as I swapped them with its previous standard plugs before trading it in. They now have done around 28,000 miles and when I removed one at around 25,000 miles there was no perceptible wear.

Can you quote me the Denso iridium number please?

Back