General LOADSA Unos for sale on eBay

Currently reading:
General LOADSA Unos for sale on eBay

That's a rotten subframe, easy fix 2 hours max

Charlie.
Didn't realise it was just the subframe...[should have know that]...shame its so far away and I don't have a tow vehicle working at the moment.. to go get it...;)..then fix it on a Saturday afternoon (y)

Its a well known fact, rust holes are significantly lighter than carbon fibre. (y)
And look better! Er, I mean don't look any worse! :p
HeY...some us think RUST is a COLOUR
RAT-LOOKSIGNATURE.jpg

Didn't realise it was just the subframe...[should have know that]...shame its so far away and I don't have a tow vehicle working at the moment.. to go get it...;)..then fix it on a Saturday afternoon (y)

HeY...some us think RUST is a COLOUR
RAT-LOOKSIGNATURE.jpg

Your sig is wrong! It's a Citroen AX and it shows a rusty edge to the tailgate. Except the tailgate on an AX is made of plastic ;)

Your sig is wrong! It's a Citroen AX and it shows a rusty edge to the tailgate. Except the tailgate on an AX is made of plastic ;)
HeY
That NOT MY SiG...:ROFLMAO::

Its a REALLY rubbish SiG done by a YOungsTeR from the RatLook forum that I also go on

It was just something I quickly found with a google image search to make my RUST is a COLOUR point....

Well spotted on the AX comment though matey :chin:

Funny how there were no Unos for sale at all about 6 weeks ago and now there's quite a few low mileage bargains available! Lots of nice 5 doors for those that like their added practicality and sleeper looks ;) I've added some of the interesting Unos I found to the Auction Watch thread so go and take a peek:

https://www.fiatforum.com/auction-watch/

If anyone finds any other interesting Unos for sale please add them to the Auction Watch section (y)

And if anyone buys one, please come and introduce it to the Uno section!

Last edited:
we were after the 3 door in portsmouth but due to bloody slow internet missed it by £2....buggeration. no husband for chuffle yet (or organ donor to be more precise)

we were after the 3 door in portsmouth but due to bloody slow internet missed it by £2....buggeration. no husband for chuffle yet (or organ donor to be more precise)

Which one was that? Shame you missed it by £2, it's very frustrating when that happens :( But that mint silver mk1 45S has come up again - it's still listed in the Auction Watch section (y)

Thats including my Yellow Peril. It would be OK if people didn't keep bidding and then realise they cant travel 240 miles to collect it. Meaning their bid is withdrawn a few hours before the auction ends.

WTF is going on!?!?!

There's 10 on there now!

:shocked:

Can someone clear something up for me on this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-FIAT-UNO...ewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item45f1895d55

Says "Turbo reshell" - so why does it have the FIRE engine in it?
Have they taken the good body of a turbo, and refitted with a smaller engine?
Or are they advertising it as a good shell that someone could drop a Turbo lump into?

I'm mightily confused, Ted.

Ardal_180x250_738983a.jpg

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Fiat uno 45 mk1 turbo-re-shell

This 42,000 mile 2 owner full service history car is mint! it has never been welded and i hunted for years to find one this good to use as a shell for my mk1 uno turbo there is no rust anywhere on the car and only one very small " car park dent" you will never find one like this again!! , cash on collection only.

The car has NO MOT or TAX, only due to me not having the time to get it there!

I removed the rear seats and threw them away in order to start the project, that is as far as i got this is all i done to the car!.

Please only bid if you intend to buy, relisted due to a idiot !!.

they bought it to reshell their turbo but didnt finish it

WTF is going on!?!?!

There's 10 on there now!

:shocked:

They're breeding I tell you!

Can someone clear something up for me on this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-FIAT-UNO...ewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item45f1895d55

Says "Turbo reshell" - so why does it have the FIRE engine in it?
Have they taken the good body of a turbo, and refitted with a smaller engine?
Or are they advertising it as a good shell that someone could drop a Turbo lump into?

The latter ;)

Most mk1 Uno turbos have done 100K+ mileages and twenty years and more of hot hatching have taken their toll on the shells. Add in twenty years of winters and road salt and many shells need welding and repairs to keep them MOT legal. Sadly, once the rot starts it tends to continue spreading leading to a never ending battle against the tin worm.

With the UT having generally strong mechanicals, a rusty UT is often re-shelled into a lower spec shell. Especially as the shells are identical whatever the model and also because every now and then a low mileage mintier than mint base model or 45S mk1 will turn up for sale. Now, if you knew how much it costs to repair, weld and repaint a rusty Uno to a good standard then financially spending £500 on a clean and rot free shell to begin with suddenly makes a lot of sense. Thus there is quite a market for clean mk1 (and mk2) Uno shells for those wishing to re-shell their turbo and is why the Ebay seller advertised his mk1 as such. :)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back