Styling Little slider part of vents

Currently reading:
Styling Little slider part of vents

If you do stumble across a supplier who'll only post to a UK address, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who'd be happy to forward it on to you.

typecastboy
This is what it looks like now. Can't point the airflow from left to right.
So it misses only the small bit with the silver stripe on it.

Attachments

• 1637401331059.jpg
    1637401331059.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
It's not the taking apart that bothers me, but the fact that the previous owner managed to loose this part.
Already checked Eper and this little part is not sold seperately.
But if I buy the whole assembly, would it be possible to just replace this part or has the whole vent (and thus the dashboard) to come out?

gr J

It's not the taking apart that bothers me, but the fact that the previous owner managed to loose this part.
Already checked Eper and this little part is not sold seperately.
But if I buy the whole assembly, would it be possible to just replace this part or has the whole vent (and thus the dashboard) to come out?

gr J

I'd think you'd need the whole vent unit but don't think it requires the whole dash out to change them?

Indeed bought a replacement vent. 2 screws (torx 25) under the climate ontrol panel (pops off) and 1 on the passengerdoorside and the large panel pops off. Then just 1 torx and 2 clips to slide the old one out.
Still wondering wether a BMW E 90 slider (available on aliexpress) could do the job.
But for now everything is as it should be.

gr J

Back