General Linea vs Stilo Quality

Currently reading:
General Linea vs Stilo Quality

Cannond

I had very problematic Fiat Stilo few years ago. Electrical problems were too big to be fixed so i had to give it up. But I like Fiat Linea's look and have been thinking to buy one. Does anyone know is Linea better quality car than Stilo? Especially the electrical system? How much mileage do you have with Linea in total? Thank you

If the car's only worth a couple of grands, you should expect some troubles. I drive a Linea and it's been with me for 1 year and six months. I can't complain about the quality for so little money. I've never had a Stilo so I can't really compare. Stilo was a good car when it was new but you should also take into account the fact that most cars over 15 years old have computer faults and nobody's really going to drive them for many more years as no replacement parts for computer units exist.

No electrical faults on my car yet. Buy only well maintained car with solid service history. Also drive it for a longer time to find possible problems. It's a good buy with a lot less than 200k on clock. Take someone who knows cars with you to test it.

I don't expect it be perfect car but just a bit better than Stilo. My Stilo had major electrical problems so I hope Linea has little less those. I know that some Linea's have some suspension and wheel bearing faults but those can be managed.

You can get the picture by skimming thru these forums, because GP is closely related to Linea. It was Fiat's goal to enhance the quality in the early 2000's and now it's beginning to show as the cars are ageing. They weren't that bad to begin with.

Sure any wheel bearing's going to fail prematurely if one keeps driving on potholes. On average newer cars need suspension parts sooner, so it's not a Fiat specific issue. On older smaller cars they used to last forever. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. Mine's still got original wheel bearings, suspension and such parts.

I need to continue on the subject. No real electrical faults on my car yet, but the suspension system is showing signs of weakness. For example the top strut mounts were usual weak spots and are just now giving in.

Original springs and suspension are now getting weaker, but the car still feels firm and passes mot. That's just expected of a car this age. However changing them makes another issue with having to deal with poor aftermarket parts so I'm not sure if it's the right time

One unexpected thing would be the exhaust manifold gasket with broken studs. Not a DIY job. So you can expect to open your wallet but if you could do most jobs by yourself, then it'd be very cheap car to keep. (y)

Back