Line-in or AUX on Punto Mk2 with standard cassette Blaupunkt HU

Currently reading:
Line-in or AUX on Punto Mk2 with standard cassette Blaupunkt HU

rogerrabbit

I've just got a 3dr Mk2 and I want to hook up my iPod directly to the head-unit. It's the standard Blaupunkt cassette unit without a CD changer. Replacing the HU is not an option (ugly, risk of theft, etc.)

Ignoring the basic options of FM transmitter or cassette adapter I'm left with two possibilities:

a) The ultimate solution is available from Connects2 which will offer power and audio via the CC option on the stereo, but at £75 this is a little too pricey: http://www.connects2.co.uk/c2search.aspx?catID=27&manID=208&modID=532

b) An ISO cable to connect to the CC plug on the rear of the HU: Aux Input CT29BP02 Blaupunkt - 3.5mm: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics. If I understand correctly I will need to hold down the magic SRC button for just long enough while powering on the HU.

So my questions are:

1) Is there a better solution I haven't figured out that doesn't cost the earth?

2) Am I correct understanding that option (b) requires me to hold down the SRC button while powering on the HU? I tested this in the car just now (nothing attached to CC port) and in 15 attempts it displayed "No CC" twice. Will it always be like this?

3) If I go down the (b) route does it just work like an AUX in? e.g. can I just select the playlist I want to listen to on the iPod and press play or do I need to mess around selecting discs etc. on the HU?

Thanks a lot guys - really looking forward to hearing your answers!

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Until I get my new car that has b&m I'm using a small transmitter I picked up at the local phone bits store. It plugs in the base of the ipod and into the ciggie lighter. then you just tune the radio and the unit to the same 'empty' freq and Bob's your fathers brother. All for the princely sum of £12 :D and the best bit is it also charges the ipod

:doh: edit - Just re read your original post and this is something you don't want, sorry just ignore me Ahhhh

Last edited:
Back