Ducato Lhd German import Fiat Ducato ci will control panel help

Currently reading:
Ducato Lhd German import Fiat Ducato ci will control panel help

Newmotorhomies

Hello

We have got a Fiat Ducato 1993 lhd German import. Ci wilk. I have attached a photo of our control panel in the motorhome. Could anyone tell me what each button means....
Think I know
the pump/pumpe this needs to be on for water pumps to work
Large button on right needs to be on for “electrics” to work

Tank/battery.....HELP. What does this mean. What’s the tank and which battery is it referring to?the engine battery or leisure battery.

Do I need to have the switch on tank or battery for it to charge from the engine?

Do I need to have the switch on tank or battery for it to charge from electric hook up?

I have a manual all in German & I am baffled

Any help would be great

Thank you

Attachments

• 3A3FF966-4767-42A2-B796-61D53848496A.jpg
    3A3FF966-4767-42A2-B796-61D53848496A.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 73
I'm pretty sure that Calira were taken over by Truma some years ago - their website is most certainly now "dead", so no chance of a download from there.

You'd be better off posting a query on one of the motorhome forums ( https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/ is free and reasonably helpful).

However, the most obvious function of the "Tank/Battery" switch is (in the "live" position - you'd need to experiment to determine which this is) to invoke the function of the LEDs directly to the right and higher.

These would appear to show (from the top)

The status of the fresh water tank (with the red light illuminating when less than 1/4 full)

The status of the leisure battery (with the red light illuminating when the nominal voltage is below 12V)

The status of the waste water tank (with the red light illuminating when the tank is over 3/4 full).

Anything but the trigger points above should illuminate a green light.

(I wouldn't have been surprised if the switch were spring-loaded, such that the "test" position was only available if held-down, but it may be a simple toggle switch).

I suspect the other (illuminated in your picture) green light is the hook-up indicator.

The battery/tank switch shouldn't have any effect on leisure battery charging, and if everything is working as designed, it is extremely unlikely you would have to do anything for charging from the engine to be present. It is also unlikely you will need to do anything to ensure charging from hook-up, but there is sometimes (rarely) intermediate switching, and there could be a switch on the mains charger unit.

Last edited:
Back