LG viewty

Currently reading:
LG viewty

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
My contract was approaching the end (3 months to go) so orange phoned me up and offered me a better deal to my existing contract + a free upgrade if i renew

Fairly happy with package i got in first place and a nice deal if i renew so accepted.

The only phone id taken an interest in recently was the LG viewty which i have now ordered and will be here monday.

Its had quite a lot of media exposure so LG seem to be pushing it

Anyone got one? Are they any good?

My contract was approaching the end (3 months to go) so orange phoned me up and offered me a better deal to my existing contract + a free upgrade if i renew

Fairly happy with package i got in first place and a nice deal if i renew so accepted.

The only phone id taken an interest in recently was the LG viewty which i have now ordered and will be here monday.

Its had quite a lot of media exposure so LG seem to be pushing it

Anyone got one? Are they any good?

Very very slow they are.

The interface is shocking, it locks up a lot and I don't think its all the hype.

The spec sheet is good, although the only good thing about the camera is the 120fps video recording (really good, but pretty useless?)

Apart from that its pretty, rubbish?

MiG do you mean the touch screen freezing or the issue when opening your media folder?

i heard that the screen freezing can be fixed with the latest flash update (or removing battery when it happens), but there's no fix for opening your media folder other than making sure all your files are in subfolders and you dont have too much on your SD card.

looks good but is this the one with the stylus on a seperate dongle?

yes, the inconvenient stylus dongle

Last edited:
Great phone, had mine for just over a month now, bought clear hard case for £3 off ebay, looking at the scratches on it, its a good buy. Shame the camera hasn't got the shutter like sony's as lense gets filthy. And prefer to use fingers instead of stylus that comes with phone. £35 600 mins and unlimited texts on o2, free phone and free upgrade in 9 months :D

cheers for that brill link jami!

Seems failry positive, cant wait for the phone to arrive so can try it :)

MiG do you mean the touch screen freezing or the issue when opening your media folder?

i heard that the screen freezing can be fixed with the latest flash update (or removing battery when it happens), but there's no fix for opening your media folder other than making sure all your files are in subfolders and you dont have too much on your SD card.

yes, the inconvenient stylus dongle

Just in general, it seems pretty slugish. Saying that though, going from my iPod touch all these new touch devices come no where near the speed of the iPod.

They all need new Software Developers.... can't code for ****.

:)

Phone arrived this morning, all registered etc, fairly happy easy to use

I am experiencing a small niggle and wondered if the owners of this phone had encountered the same problem.

Its to do with the loudspeaker. When its on there is a crackly noise in the background, more prominent when you are turning the loudspeaker on, however myself and caller can be heard clear as day just this annoying noise in background, although fades slightly after a bit, is still there.

Anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
Nope that wouldnt have cured it as it has been put down as faulty by orange and is faulty as I actually had it on loudspeaker for the operative at the other end to demonstrate the actual problem, which he agreed there was something awry

Replacememt being sent out FOC tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Back