lets celebrate the kia cee'd

Currently reading:
lets celebrate the kia cee'd

Kia will feel the pinch after taxi drivers make full use of 7 year warranty....thats 700,000 miles:rolleyes:

7yrs 100,000miles! But will still take on out for a spin, i havent been impressed in fact have loathed all the Kia's all so far my Aunt has one and had to buy another car as she couldnt rely on it, remember when they gave free bikes with them there was a reason! ;)

But if the reviews are good and this is to be a different breed then i'll certainly be holding my comments until i've driven on myslef.

After all if you beleived everything your mates told you about FIATs you'd never own one!

Shame Gazza, you must have got a Friday afternoon special, chekcout the jd power surveys people.

Liam

No mate, it weren't the Friday afternoon special. I used to work for a Honda dealership as a mechanic 2 months ago, was there for 3 years. In a space of a year, the new Civic has around 15 technical bulletins, from EPS multiplex problems to fuel flaps not opening. As well as questionable build quality issues.

If I could go back in time and re-buy a Civic, it would be the old shape one. Boring to look at, but far better built and a generally better car. For example, the old 2000-2005 Civic has independant rear suspension, new 2006 Civic is torsion beam, interior plastics of the 06 Civic are cheap, very cheap.

I guess with all new cars, the accountants have taken over.:(

gaz,ak47, have head a few horror stories abut the civic recently, 40 mpg is crap for a diesel, my old 2 litre cavalier did more than that on a run! will bea while before i look to changing car, i reckon in a cpl of years therre will be some good deals on the 1.9 punto sporting. my 51 plate punto jtd is now on 115k miles.........

Can't say I'd want one, but I reckon the Cee'd will do well - it's good value (as opposed to just cheap) and should prove to be reliable and comfy transport for people who don't care about performance/handling/styling/image. The warranty will be a big selling point - despite the cars being utterly crap, plenty of people bought Daewoos as the warranty ensured 5 years of cheap motoring.

If this car manages to dent sales of lower-spec Astras and Focuses then the prices of these cars will drop in response :)

Another dog to come out of Korea alive, put it down:D

its designed in europe, by europeans, made in europe, by europeans, and only getting sold in europe. the only korean influence is the person signing the cheques during development and production. so you cant say this is a korean car at all. thats why this is such a special case. this has never happened before.

Last edited:
Read a review and seen pictures of this at the weekend, outside it's a straight copy of the old corolla, inside it's a mixture of nissan and vw.

Warranty is 7 years but after 5 only the powertrain is covered, it has good paint and anti perforation warranty though.

I expect it to be the old cliche, nice try but not as good a drive as it's rivals.

Kia themselves say they aren't targetting the Focus,Astra, Golf etc and they only want a 3% share in that market.

Liam

its designed in europe, by europeans, made in europe, by europeans, and only getting sold in europe. the only korean influence is the person signing the cheques during development and production. so you cant say this is a korean car at all. thats why this is such a special case. this has never happened before.

75% parts made within Europe,rest in Korea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6294151.stm

The warranty includes:

* 3 years/ unlimited mileage full manufacturers warranty
* 3 -5 years / 100,000 miles full manufacturers warranty
* 5 - 7 years / 100,000 miles powertrain warranty
* 10 years / unlimited mileage manufacturers anti-perforation warranty*
* 3 years roadside assistance covering the UK and mainland Europe

* Annual bodywork inspection required for which a charge may apply

From what I understand its standard 3 year warranty then next 2 years aslong as not over 100,000 miles (sorry taxi drivers) then last to on powertrain only.

looks a bit like the just replaced toyota corrolla (or is it still current???)

but er from the reviews it looks like the koreans have put that extra bit of effort in and really made something.

unlike what the western lot seem to do, which is engineer faults in (or so I reckon) to keep their dealer network going.

try going into a kia or daihatsu (japaneese I know) dealer and see how well you get on

As I now work for Kia, and had a good sniff round our demo. I can honestly say its better than the Honda Civic.

I'm off on a course next Tuesday about the Ceed, boring tech stuff really.

Back