Lenovo ThinkPad T410

Currently reading:
Lenovo ThinkPad T410

Hi All,

For work, I use a lenovo thinkpad t410.

Just a small issue really.

Everyday, when the battery is fully charged, I will remove it and run the laptop from the mains supply. Once finished with, I will replace the battery and run it from that until a charge is required.

The problem is, when I replace the battery, the message "Warning - 99% (4:00 Hours) remaining - please plug in or shut down immediately".

Obviously this is an error as the battery is fully charged, and the warning shows 99%, not 1% for example.

This isn't so much a problem, but after a few more minutes it will automatically hibernate to prevent data loss, as it would if it was actually dead, which is a bit of an annoyance.

Just something small but does anyone have any ideas? I'm usually OK with errors regarding drivers, software, hardware problems but no idea with this!

Thanks in advance, Sam

Just an image how it is now after awaking from hibernation (notice cross through the battery)

battery.PNG

I quite often see this, It could be that the reported % is incorrect, however the bios may be seeing that there is a difference in the voltage the battery is delivering. This could be one of two thing, 1) the battery is faulty and needs replacing or there is a issue the bios reading the battery properly.

Do you know anyone else with a T410 that you can try your battery in and see if another laptop does the same thing? This could show it being the battery at fault or the actual laptop itself or even the software that is loaded that deals with the battery settings.

Hope this helps, if it's a work laptop, may be worth chatting to the IT support people.

Martyn
IT Computer Technician

PS I work with computers as my occupation but please remember any advice given is my personal opinion and i accept no liability if the information is wrong or if you carry out any suggestions.

Why do you remove the battery? It should come with software that stops the battery being killed by constantly being on mains power, will charge and discharge between 95-100% normally

It does, but im still a bit wary of it to be honest.

I quite often see this, It could be that the reported % is incorrect, however the bios may be seeing that there is a difference in the voltage the battery is delivering. This could be one of two thing, 1) the battery is faulty and needs replacing or there is a issue the bios reading the battery properly.

Do you know anyone else with a T410 that you can try your battery in and see if another laptop does the same thing? This could show it being the battery at fault or the actual laptop itself or even the software that is loaded that deals with the battery settings.

Hope this helps, if it's a work laptop, may be worth chatting to the IT support people.

Martyn
IT Computer Technician

PS I work with computers as my occupation but please remember any advice given is my personal opinion and i accept no liability if the information is wrong or if you carry out any suggestions.

Thank you!

I do know somebody else with the same one so will try it in theirs.

Seems a bit obvious really, I should have just done that to begin with!

cheers for the help mate :)

Back