Technical LCD Screen Fault, options ?

Currently reading:
Technical LCD Screen Fault, options ?

Hi there, I have a problem with my LCD display on my 500 1.2 lounge dualogic. Lcd started displaying random sign without any sense, sometimes it goes off completely. I was trying to find a replacement screen COG-VLIT1228A-01 but it's not available, can't find it anywhere. Is anything I can do to fix this

View attachment 414613

View attachment 414612
View attachment 414611
Thanks

Hi Voy.
I have your same issue.
Did you find LCD panel?

Was it the source of that issue?

Thanks

Hi Voy.
I have your same issue.
Did you find LCD panel?

Was it the source of that issue?

Thanks
The central LCD needs to be replaced.

The ECU/Speedo repair shops replace the LCD... but they're like you and me; they still need to be able to source the correct spare LCDs.

A car won't fail an MOT just because the LCD is out - it contains some vehicle information and the mileage.. but an unreadable mileage is not an MOT failure. Obviously you will have no idea how much fuel you have left... but you can still run the car.

There's plenty of 500s around and they're getting older, so more people will need LCDs.. so someone will keep making them, so it's probably a case of looking around regularly until you find one. Then buy two.. :D

Ralf S.

The LCD screen on my speedo in my 2009 1.2 500 has gone dark :(

I have looked for one with the same part number 5030002127300 D369 735483657, COG-VLIT1229B-01 but cant find one anywhere.

There is one on Ebay listed as for "FIAT 500 LCD DISPLAY SCREEN & RIBBON for CLUSTER 2008 to 2011" but none of my numbers match up with there numbers.

Does anyone know if the one on Ebay would work on my car or where i might get one ?

Try Cartronix. Their eBay ad' reads like it's just selling a 2014 LCD display but the description says they have "most" years in stock/contact them... and the listing seems to be for the repair service (I'd hope so at that price) where you just send them your entire cluster and they'll fit the new LCD.

Ralf S.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The LCD screen on my speedo in my 2009 1.2 500 has gone dark :(

I have looked for one with the same part number 5030002127300 D369 735483657, COG-VLIT1229B-01 but cant find one anywhere.

There is one on Ebay listed as for "FIAT 500 LCD DISPLAY SCREEN & RIBBON for CLUSTER 2008 to 2011" but none of my numbers match up with there numbers.

Does anyone know if the one on Ebay would work on my car or where i might get one ?

Here you go;

Ralf S.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The central LCD needs to be replaced.

The ECU/Speedo repair shops replace the LCD... but they're like you and me; they still need to be able to source the correct spare LCDs.

A car won't fail an MOT just because the LCD is out - it contains some vehicle information and the mileage.. but an unreadable mileage is not an MOT failure. Obviously you will have no idea how much fuel you have left... but you can still run the car.

There's plenty of 500s around and they're getting older, so more people will need LCDs.. so someone will keep making them, so it's probably a case of looking around regularly until you find one. Then buy two.. :D

Ralf S.
thanks

Hi there, I have a problem with my LCD display on my 500 1.2 lounge dualogic. Lcd started displaying random sign without any sense, sometimes it goes off completely. I was trying to find a replacement screen COG-VLIT1228A-01 but it's not available, can't find it anywhere. Is anything I can do to fix this

View attachment 414613

View attachment 414612
View attachment 414611
Thanks

I had your same LCD; as you said, it was impossible to find this spare.
However I was lucky.

I found a speedo with same code 5550021211 mounted on a 500 with automatic gear, but with different LCD code (COG-VLIT1318-01).

I Mounted the whole speedo on my car and it works!!!
As I installed it, it blinked and it showed a different miliage.
I needed to go to FIAT center to solve this issue (Fiat center has an appropriate software to do proxy alignment), but with only 20€ for this job and 80€ for speedo, I solved my problem

Attachments

• 1674378523889.jpg
    1674378523889.jpg
    761.3 KB · Views: 25
Witam, szukam 1228-01A. Czytałem, że można zamontować TFT i będzie działać z automatem.

.Thank you, there is an error somewhere. I read that after tuning the TFT, everyone will work with an automatic device🥴🥴 I plugged in two different old counters and everything works except the gears, I can't see which one is on.

Last edited:
You're right, the odometer works, but it doesn't show the gears. Analog must be from an automatic machine. TFT probably not.

Maybe it's just a MES setting then. I noticed today that there are several different places to adjust settings, and it may be an order thing. You know, for example a particular setting has to be done first before the it will be allowed to save. Just a thought.

I'm beginning to think that many of those settings could be done by copy and pasting all the bytes with you custom values. Instead of going through the MES windows.

There are some interesting threads in the MES forums.

Back