Technical LCD Screen Fault, options ?

Currently reading:
Technical LCD Screen Fault, options ?

Dibdob69

The LCD screen on my speedo in my 2009 1.2 500 has gone dark :(

I have looked for one with the same part number 5030002127300 D369 735483657, COG-VLIT1229B-01 but cant find one anywhere.

There is one on Ebay listed as for "FIAT 500 LCD DISPLAY SCREEN & RIBBON for CLUSTER 2008 to 2011" but none of my numbers match up with there numbers.

Does anyone know if the one on Ebay would work on my car or where i might get one ?

Hi typecastboy has the experience with this!
It’s a typical fault with 500 speedometers what is your mileage? You basically can buy one off eBay but it MUST have lower mileage than yours as you can only increase for obvious reasons

And make sure you get one that is PRE 2015 to be on the safe side as late 2015 are facelift models and not totally compatible

I would give this fella shout. Drop him an email. I recently replaced the centre LCD panel on a 2015 one. I wouldn't like to say for sure that the ones on eBay will work.

As a 2009 pre stop/start one where the time is a larger display than the mileage that is the most common one I have seen on eBay.

Drop him an email. They are £87 I think from memory.

http://www.akspeedo.com/fiat-lcd-pixel-repair.php

I would give this fella shout. Drop him an email. I recently replaced the centre LCD panel on a 2015 one. I wouldn't like to say for sure that the ones on eBay will work.

As a 2009 pre stop/start one where the time is a larger display than the mileage that is the most common one I have seen on eBay.

Drop him an email. They are £87 I think from memory.

Watched this video before l posted this :D Pulled the clocks and removed the screen to get the part number but when l messaged him he was out of stock and doesn't know when he will have any more :(

That's a shame. The ebay listing 2008-2011 is slightly misleading as the speedos changed mid 2010 when the Start/Stop came in. That's when the large figures for the clock (time) changed. That's the only difference apart from the legend for Start/Stop which obviously a pre start/stop car doesn't have.

You really need one without the start/stop function which should in theory be easier to get hold of a complete thing as there will be more of them around.

The other place to try is to message a fella called Chris CFC Fisher on the Fiat 500 Owners Club Facebook Page. He sells zero mileage speedos. He will ask you for year and the colour of the ring where the MPH is, i.e, black or white (there are yellow too) and he may well have the entire thing. I've bought one from him for £150 and he will adjust the mileage to your car. He clearly has the kit to be able to do it. MES will only go up.

Failing that, just keep looking on Ebay, I'm sure a complete thing will come up.

The LCD screen on my speedo in my 2009 1.2 500 has gone dark :(

I have looked for one with the same part number 5030002127300 D369 735483657, COG-VLIT1229B-01 but cant find one anywhere.

There is one on Ebay listed as for "FIAT 500 LCD DISPLAY SCREEN & RIBBON for CLUSTER 2008 to 2011" but none of my numbers match up with there numbers.

Does anyone know if the one on Ebay would work on my car or where i might get one ?
Do you still need this part? I had to order 2 from Europe as post brexit they cost wasn’t enough to just order 1. Mines a ‘13 Abarth but the part number you mentioned is the same. I’ve fitted mine and works perfectly

Do you still need this part? I had to order 2 from Europe as post brexit they cost wasn’t enough to just order 1. Mines a ‘13 Abarth but the part number you mentioned is the same. I’ve fitted mine and works perfectly
Do you still have the spare?

I had my 2010 cluster fixed by BBA Reman after the illuminated centre section disappeared. I emailed them to confirm which repair I needed and then used a well-known auction site to make the purchase. The service was absolutely superb and it has a lifetime guarantee. Original mileage was retained on the clocks.

Hi there, I have a problem with my LCD display on my 500 1.2 lounge dualogic. Lcd started displaying random sign without any sense, sometimes it goes off completely. I was trying to find a replacement screen COG-VLIT1228A-01 but it's not available, can't find it anywhere. Is anything I can do to fix this

IMG_20221004_071353.jpg

IMG_20221101_164237.jpg
IMG_20221101_164248.jpg
Thanks

Not available there. I don't know what to do, yesterday I took all instrument cluster out of the car to find out part number and now its not working at all. It only light up but does not display anything.
Can these displays be repaired?

Update: I send unit to get repaired last Monday. Today I received information from the company that they cannot repair the unit, they cannot source the lcd screen from any supplier.
I don't have any options left, scrap the car after Mot runs out? I spent a lot of money on the car recently whole new exhaust, new starter motor, replaced the exhaust manifold gasket with three broken studs, I feel quite disappointed.

Update: I send unit to get repaired last Monday. Today I received information from the company that they cannot repair the unit, they cannot source the lcd screen from any supplier.
I don't have any options left, scrap the car after Mot runs out? I spent a lot of money on the car recently whole new exhaust, new starter motor, replaced the exhaust manifold gasket with three broken studs, I feel quite disappointed.
A second hand whole unit(speedo) would be an option even upgrade to tft display just get one with a lower mileage swap over and have proxi alignment done in theory job done.
Note it shouldn't fail a mot if all the warning lights work round the outside abs etc a lack of displayed mileage I think is not a failure, anyone else know?
Even buy a broken unit and swap display assuming the display is ok

Last edited:
Where I can get tft instrument cluster from? The car is an dualogic and I cannot find a right replacement.

Back